Two things to remember...

Discussion in 'BearClaw Corner' started by jthree, Jun 11, 2018.

1. jthree

jthreeTurbocharged

Canada
    Featured Threads:
    Media:
    Ride:
    2007 Rocket III Classic
    If you have a key-less ignition, make sure you actually shut the bike off when parking it. I, for my sins, use the kickstand to shut the bike down. Then press the "off" button to shut the bike down. Yesterday I forgot the second step. A little over an hour later I returned to a bike with a dead battery.

Now the second thing... If you have one of those little battery booster thingies, make sure it's charged. Grrrrr!!! In defense of the battery, I know it works because I tested it when I first got it (wasn't sure I trusted it), but if it's left in the bike bag for 2 years without being charged, it's essentially a paperweight :mad:

Here's hoping I learned my lesson.

TURBO200R4, Tripps, phar2slo and 3 others like this.
  2. Grumpy Ole Codger

Grumpy Ole CodgerSlave to the Beast

United Kingdom
    Featured Threads:
    Ride:
    2007 Rocket 111 Standard..ish
    Only 2 things I have to remember. First is her birthday and second is our wedding anniversary. After that, anything else is a doddle!
    Batteries are very fickle. Have made the same mistake by using side stand and left keys in the ignition. Same result an hour later.

Tripps and phar2slo like this.
  3. jthree

jthreeTurbocharged

Canada
    Featured Threads:
    Media:
    Ride:
    2007 Rocket III Classic
    You are, of course, totally correct. Forget either of those two things and the battery becomes somewhat irrelevant. Unless it's for the getaway vehicle ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice