Two of my favorite things

BillB

Turbocharged
Ride
2013 R3T, 1960 Franken-Pan
Are riding my rocket and hammering steel plates with a high powered rifle from as far away from them as possible. It's a GOOD day when you can do both before 9am on a Sunday morning :D

20180819_094213.jpg

If you look all the way to the back just above the left corner of the bench there is a little light colored dot framed on the top and both sides by lines. That's what an 8 inch square steel plate looks like from about 230 yards.

Lot to be said for a rifle that you can take apart and put in the saddle bags

Last edited:
Last year when I went to Raleigh my brother took me to an outdoor range in Mebane,NC. called Distinguished Pistol. Place is in the middle of nowhere and sits on 60 acres. I believe you can shoot any form of weapon. We shot his 5.56 rifle, his 9mm pistol and a .22 rifle. The drive out was beautiful and would make a great ride on the bike. Took about an hour. www.distinguishedpistol.com

Last edited:
This here has been one of my favorite "Rifle Ranges" over the years. I have a 13 inch bull thar on my wall which i shot up in here in 2003 with the help of my cobber who is a retired guide. He knows this country well.

croppedimage1520700-14580499.jpg

Last edited:
Are riding my rocket and hammering steel plates with a high powered rifle from as far away from them as possible. It's a GOOD day when you can do both before 9am on a Sunday morning :D

20180819_094213.jpg

If you look all the way to the back just above the left corner of the bench there is a little light colored dot framed on the top and both sides by lines. That's what an 8 inch square steel plate looks like from about 230 yards.

Lot to be said for a rifle that you can take apart and put in the saddle bags

Totally not what I was thinking this thread would be about :banghead: (;))

This here has been one of my favorite "Rifle Ranges" over the years. I have a 13 inch bull thar on my wall which i shot up in here in 2013 with the help of my cobber who is a retired guide. He knows this country well.

croppedimage1520700-14580499.jpg

That's some beautiful country M8. :thumbsup:

By bull do you mean a red stag Tal?

Last year when I went to Raleigh my brother took me to an outdoor range in Mebane,NC. called Distinguished Pistol. Place is in the middle of nowhere and sits on 60 acres. I believe you can shoot any form of weapon. We shot his .556 rifle, his 9mm pistol and a .22 rifle. The drive out was beautiful and would make a great ride on the bike. Took about an hour. www.distinguishedpistol.com

Never heard of that one, will have to check it out.

There's another one north of here that @joey fletcher goes to that goes out past 1000 meters. A couple of years ago they had a raffle and on new year's day the winner got to light off 40 pounds of tannerite with a .338 Lapua. Would have liked to see that. Not sure I wouldn't have backed up another 500 meters or so.....:cautious:

Last year when I went to Raleigh my brother took me to an outdoor range in Mebane,NC. called Distinguished Pistol. Place is in the middle of nowhere and sits on 60 acres. I believe you can shoot any form of weapon. We shot his .556 rifle, his 9mm pistol and a .22 rifle. The drive out was beautiful and would make a great ride on the bike. Took about an hour. www.distinguishedpistol.com

.556? There's a caliber I never heard of, muzzleloader? I'm

Not everyone likes menudo Fred

?!?!?!?!?

Back