Two kinds of people

Waconut

.060 Over
Ride
2011 Rocket Roadster, 04 Sprint RS, 66 T100R,
image.jpg
Ran across this and thought it was great. Sent it to a buddy who's a Guzzi guy just to pick on him. Got quite the response lol. Thought you all would enjoy it. Like a lot of you I've been riding for too many years to think about and have owned different brands over the years, but Triumph has always been #1 in my stable no matter what else came and went.

I’m new to Triumph. I always that that meme was about Harleys.:p

I know what you mean about being a Triumph guy. The line of my 69 Bonnie still sticks in my mind. That's why when Triumph announced the new Bonnie in 01 I went and immediately put a deposit on one. Still have it as a 994. Doesn't get ridden now with the Rocket. Love them both, the Bonnie has more or the iconic lines I associate with Triumph. Although the Rocket lines have grown on me, especially set up as a single seat, minimal add ons, mine isn't have rack and back rest and crash bars, but I still visualize the cleaner look , can't see it riding anyways. I've had Honda and Harley, but neither satisfy my soul like the looks, sounds and handling of my Triumphs. I loved my 69 Bonnie the most and best.

Hoopla

I know what you mean about being a Triumph guy. The line of my 69 Bonnie still sticks in my mind. That's why when Triumph announced the new Bonnie in 01 I went and immediately put a deposit on one. Still have it as a 994. Doesn't get ridden now with the Rocket. Love them both, the Bonnie has more or the iconic lines I associate with Triumph. Although the Rocket lines have grown on me, especially set up as a single seat, minimal add ons, mine isn't have rack and back rest and crash bars, but I still visualize the cleaner look , can't see it riding anyways. I've had Honda and Harley, but neither satisfy my soul like the looks, sounds and handling of my Triumphs. I loved my 69 Bonnie the most and best.

Hoopla

Hoopla
I agree about the lines of the older bikes. I've had my 66 T100R for 45 years this year. To me it's the prettiest bike I've ever owned. As Peter Egan said once in Cycle World ( for a bike to be a keeper,it has to have garage appeal. That means even when you walk by it in the middle of winter in the garage, it still makes you smile.) The 66 still does and the Rocket has joined it.

Back