Turning off O2 sensor

CamaroCarl

Get busy living or get busy dying.
Ride
2018 rocket3 roadster
Finally getting around to removing/disconnecting my O2 sensor and I read that you should turn it off in the tune so you don't get a trouble code/check engine light. How exactly do you turn it off? I hooked up my tablet, using tuneecu Android app. I can pull up a list of sensors, several options for oxygen sensor. What do I do next?
IMAG0510.jpg
IMAG0511.jpg

Since you uave a pcv did you check to see if you have a O2 eliminator already plugged in
If so you won't need to turn it off. In fact if you have one and turn it off also in the ECU be prepared to start a thread why is my bike running like crap :)

Also what modifications have you done that warrants removing it?

mapedit.jpg

Use your laptop this is the screen you need.

You need to go into the map edit screen - After you download/upload the tune that is in your existing ECU.

Then call up the MAP edit screen like the one above.
Look at the O2 box on the pic it has a green tick which means that the O2 sensor is switched on - to turn it off you must click on it and the green tick will disappear. That will mean it is switched off.

Once you are happy you must reload your tune into the ECU to update it.

Got that!!

Last edited:
Since you uave a pcv did you check to see if you have a O2 eliminator already plugged in
If so you won't need to turn it off. In fact if you have one and turn it off also in the ECU be prepared to start a thread why is my bike running like crap :)

Also what modifications have you done that warrants removing it?
Don't have a pcv, have been thinking about getting one. Was thinking about buying the eliminator and going that route, but decided to just remove the sensor. Have a Viking header into a single muffler. Triple k and n filters. Was already running a tune but thought the sensor was leaning it out.

mapedit.jpg

Use your laptop this is the screen you need.

You need to go into the map edit screen - After you download/upload the tune that is in your existing ECU.

Then call up the MAP edit screen like the one above.
Look at the O2 box on the pic it has a green tick which means that the O2 sensor is switched on - to turn it off you must click on it and the green tick will disappear. That will mean it is switched off.

Once you are happy you must reload your tune into the ECU to update it.

Got that!!
Ok, that screen looks a little different than mine when I have the map pulled up, but I do have an edit button, so I will try that tomorrow. Thank you.

Don't have a pcv, have been thinking about getting one. Was thinking about buying the eliminator and going that route, but decided to just remove the sensor. Have a Viking header into a single muffler. Triple k and n filters. Was already running a tune but thought the sensor was leaning it out.
Sorry got you mixed up with hemi guys post.

Well this is an old thread but...
I just installed an O2 Sensor Eliminator, removed the sensor and installed a bung plug.
I have been running the NELS-TORS_RAMAIR-K&N map and I have the O2 sensor unchecked in TuneECU.
Is this set up going to be okay, or do I need to Check the O2 box with the eliminator installed.
Been reading some posts on this and it sounds like it could run crappy with eliminator installed and the O2 sensor turned off in the TuneECU map.
I have a 2010 Touring, BTW.

Well this is an old thread but...
I just installed an O2 Sensor Eliminator, removed the sensor and installed a bung plug.
I have been running the NELS-TORS_RAMAIR-K&N map and I have the O2 sensor unchecked in TuneECU.
Is this set up going to be okay, or do I need to Check the O2 box with the eliminator installed.
Been reading some posts on this and it sounds like it could run crappy with eliminator installed and the O2 sensor turned off in the TuneECU map.
I have a 2010 Touring, BTW.
It needs to be unchecked if the O2 sensor is removed and plugged otherwise the O2 sensor may fry itself and the engine will run rough as it's trying to compensate.

Back