Turning a very tight turn at low speed?

Freightbusters

Supercharged
Hows your turning knowledge??

I have had a few comments on turning a tight turn at very slow speed almost to lock by sitting up vertical on the seat ...even though the bike is leaning over....also you can slip the clutch ..power up..and the bike will come right up should you be to far over....

How about some riding expert comments or any others.....:rolleyes:

FB

doc,jimmy and i did a course taught by an fbi motors instructor. it's unbelievable what you can do on this or any bike with the correct technique. at slow speed you are basically using the rear brake and clutch to maintain forward speed. you have to look at where you want to go, and trust the bike wont tip on your ass. this was an 8 hour course so trying to explain it doesnt cut it. if your in so cal or florida these guys teach it as im sure others do. look for law enforcement type riding schools.

A big thanks

We do have a advanced cycle course for the day and its less than 100 bucks......well worth it....You bring your own bike and the rider too. Looks like I am headed there... Its been a long time since I have gone to one but I like the idea of riding the Rocket in this class....

FB:)

That rear brake can really help you if you know what you are doing. Join a club( like mine) that has a three hour skills sunday course once a month, any idot can go fast in a straight line. I have heard from riders that they do not need any skills training these are the guys I laugh at when they are lying in the middle of the road:eek:

That rear brake can really help you if you know what you are doing. Join a club( like mine) that has a three hour skills sunday course once a month, any idot can go fast in a straight line. I have heard from riders that they do not need any skills training these are the guys I laugh at when they are lying in the middle of the road:eek:
Good advise . Are you also in USA? If so where what club?

I mostly turn stainless but ocassionally I turn 660Ca Bronze and hot rolled bar.:D

You guys have no sense of humor lately.............

Actually, I took the advanced instructors course some years ago on my old 920 Yamaha Virago and stalled it in a tight turn and dropped it. I picked it up and passed. I'm not at all sure I could pick up the Rocket though. Might have to call a wrecker.

We offer the course at school but they use 250 Honda's. No, I don't teach it but I do go and watch for the fun of it on ocassion.

I watched a video called, "Ride like a Pro", by a Motorcycle patrolman out of Tampa. It demonstrates how you use the slipping clutch rear brake technique very well. I used it to great success in the figure 8 box by staying inside the inner lines while shorter bikes had trouble. He recommends scrapping metal in tight turns if you need the angle and it is weird how power to the rear while braked keeps you upright.

that's the course we took out here baggage. it's actually easy to pick up the r3 or any other with the right technique that he showed us.

Back