Turn Signal Problem

borntoride63

Supercharged
recently my 08 standard, rear right turn signal stopped working! which of course makes the front one flash rapidly! checked the bulb its fine! no corrosion on base of bulb or the contact! occasionally it will work! anyone have this happen! thanks for the help!

Try a new bulb first. Sometimes breaks in the filament can't be seen. If that doesn't work, check the connections under the rear fender. If still no success, it is test light time.

I'd try swapping the right rear bulb for the left rear bulb. If the bulb's good and there's no signs of corrosion, make sure there's good contact (sometimes the base of the bulb will erode away with vibration). Then, as above, it's down to shaking and shooting wires...

thanks for the responses! called the dealer, he told me to try and loosen the signal where it mounts, see if theres any corosion and retighten! he thinks its a grounding issue! I will try the bulb flip too!

I found that the connector under the right side cover must be bad! if I move it around, I can make the signal work! it appears to have alot of grease on it! I dont want to break it poking around inside on the metal post! but is there a way of making the connection tighter?

Back