Turbo Kits currently available?

Claviger

Aspiring Student
Ride
'21 Z H2, '14 R3R, '02 Daytona 955i
I try to keep on top of what’s out there for the R3, but you don’t know what you don’t know, if you know what I mean

I’m toying (pretty seriously) with the idea of buying a R3T. It’s going to be modded,that’s a given. I think I want to turbo it as a counter point to my Roadster.

I only know of the aero charger based kit, are there any out there available that fit the R3T?

Hoping someone knows something about a kit I don’t know!!

In the words of Nancy Kerrigan . . .

WHY?! WHY?!
go to 0.30 sec
Crying.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2018-1-23_23-21-3.png
    upload_2018-1-23_23-21-3.png
    3.8 KB · Views: 2
@Torque addict , mentions an Aerocharger Turbo in,
don't know if they are still made,,

Supercharger, or turbo installation information please

Totally love the idea of a turbo Rocket

Bull: this will be a stablemate to the roadster not a replacement. Something for actual touring as my schedule opens up when I get close to retiring.

I saw the Albrex option right after I posted, going to reach out to them, not sure if they’re interested in doing a bike across the ocean.

Boost is good uses aero chargers. They’re great in concept, fantastic technological breakthroughs with a less than stellar track record, google them, they fail a lot. A pity because the design minimizes lag but still flows like a big standard turbo.

Think I’m going to target a size like a GT28RS, keep the spool super fast but still flow enough for 350whp. Thinking a kit might not be the way to go for this project. I done my own turbo system design before, it’s just a T O N of work.

Rob - You've discounted supercharging then?. Just thinking that for TOURING less rpms and more torque might be more "relaxing". Then again - in the wet - torque can be an evil SOB.

Rob - You've discounted supercharging then?. Just thinking that for TOURING less rpms and more torque might be more "relaxing". Then again - in the wet - torque can be an evil SOB.

I have indeed. A properly sized turbo will make more torque than a centrifugal supercharger at low/mid RPM, which is what I’m going to build for, something that’ll spoil rapidly and fully by 2000-2500 RPM to make it feel like a much larger motor.

I really like the centrifugal system available but it doesn’t make the torque curve I’m leaning towards for this build.

Back