Tuning with stock"ish" exhaust....?

ScubaCat

Standard Bore
Ride
Aprilia RSV1000R
So I am looking at possibly buying a R3. I actually really LIKE the look AND sound of the OEM exhaust. I understand from reading and viewing reviews that Triumph has actually done a really good job with fueling on the stock bike, even given emissions.
1.) Is there anything to gain with ANY of the tune maps or dyno tuning a stock bike?
2.) Is anyone coring or modding the OEM exhaust for better flow? If so, I assume this will change the sound and/or sound volume. If this has been done, any links to posts about it?
Thanks all!,
Bryan

Just so happens that Ulf Penner modified the stock tunes to derestrict the peak power for the stock bike. The fueling and timing are pretty much the same. The peak HP increased to 177 rear wheel. The tunes are available on TuneECU.net.

Just so happens that Ulf Penner modified the stock tunes to derestrict the peak power for the stock bike. The fueling and timing are pretty much the same. The peak HP increased to 177 rear wheel. The tunes are available on TuneECU.net.
Thanks! Is this the system that requires an android phone to upload?

Thanks! Is this the system that requires an android phone to upload?
Android tablet with 4 gb ram or phone, up to date Android OS. The app is TuneECU. You also need to order an OBDLink LX Bluetooth module and of course, buy the app from TuneECU.fr.

So I am looking at possibly buying a R3. I actually really LIKE the look AND sound of the OEM exhaust. I understand from reading and viewing reviews that Triumph has actually done a really good job with fueling on the stock bike, even given emissions.
1.) Is there anything to gain with ANY of the tune maps or dyno tuning a stock bike?
2.) Is anyone coring or modding the OEM exhaust for better flow? If so, I assume this will change the sound and/or sound volume. If this has been done, any links to posts about it?
Thanks all!,
Bryan
Go check this thread for the Meerkat mod on the original exhaust. Peter from Meerkat will send you the instructions to do it yourself, or DM me and I can send them to you...
Meerkat Exhaust Mod

Back