Rocket_Rider

Supercharged
Ride
Rocket 3 Touring 2018
Dear Brains trust,

So I have a set of TORS and a RAMAIR kit on the way to me. I also have a Lonelec cable and have tune ecu on android and in windows xp running in parallels on my Mac.

Bike is currently stock touring. Once I install the highflow exhaust and air filter, what’s the current recommendation on a tune for that combo?

I’ve been reading the forums and seen the stock slip on tune, also seen one referred to as Nels. What am I looking for here? don’t wanna end up running rich or lean.

On a side note, my dealer told me I could install the high flow pipes and do the 12min tune but from what I’ve read that will just run lean? Asked the dealer about tuning, they say they can’t do tunes anymore just the 12min thing... seems like bull****??

I have noticed I smell fuel when I get off the beast... is that normal stock? Could it be running rich? not sure how I can check that?

Any other advice? Thanks all .... not sure how I could do anything of this without this forum!

The 12 minute is just an adaptation, and no, it's not enough.

I kind of figured that to be true from reading many a post (also logically it doesn’t make sense... it would mean the bike came with a self tuning ecu) but thank you for confirming it.... also means the dealers (at least where I am) are telling people bad info that means they run lean and likely damage the motor over time... and yet triumph make the high flow exhaust as an accessory part! It’s not even an aftermarket/custom accessory ... go figure

All bikes are lean from the factory to pass emissions. The dealer is right that you can add TORS without issue, but adding intake and exhaust will cause a much leaner condition and should be retuned.

Back