Tunes

Discussion in 'General Tech Talk' started by Tacker, May 7, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Tacker

Tacker.020 Over

Featured Threads:
    I have been looking at the tune 20050 side by side with tune 20055 in tuneboy and to me they are exactly the same Could somebody have a look at this to see if you can spot a difference What i would like to know is if this tune is the same as Triumph's. If it is some of us have been charged to have a tune put in the bike that we did not need Or is this a mistake by tuneBoy Just a thought

2. Pig9r

Pig9rLiving Legend

United States
    Featured Threads:
    Media:
    The only difference I see is in the highest rpm range in the F1, F2, F3 maps which are the fuel maps for throttle openings greater than 12%. So there is some difference in the amount of fuel used. Not much though. The more I look at the Triumph maps the more I am convinced that you are just as good leaving the stock map in. All of the governmental regulations keep manufacturers operating in a certain range that appears to be pretty small. The only reason for a remap would be if you are going to install a PCIII that has been mapped from a different base tune than what you have in the bike.

I just got the Tuneboy to work last night so today will be filled with some experimental runs and tunes. One thing I haven't figured out is that the a/f targets for some of the performance tunes like SteveRed's are the same as stock. I wonder if this is because he had a PCIII installed?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice