TuneEcu with Tuneboy Cable

Pig9r

Living Legend
Can't get it to work, anyone know what I am doing wrong?

I have loaded the TuneEcu drivers, I have the key file in the folder with the TuneEcu.exe file. TuneEcu tells me it can't connect to bike to check connection then turn bike off and on. Any ideas????

Hi,
I use Tuneboy and TuneECU with the USB cable from WMD and the Tuneboy-cable-drivers.

Which Tuneboy-cable used you? The serial cable will not work.

The USB-TuneBoy-cable works with the drivers of WMD absolutely reliable.

But atention, from the TuneBoy-USB-cable there are at least two versions. I have a cable of 2009 and it works.

BR, Tom

Can't get it to work, anyone know what I am doing wrong?

I have loaded the TuneEcu drivers, I have the key file in the folder with the TuneEcu.exe file. TuneEcu tells me it can't connect to bike to check connection then turn bike off and on. Any ideas????

that is strange. I can't help you more right now but only confirm that it should work and I have the same setup.
hmm, works in tuneboy? tuneecu uses tb settings, which com port and such.

@ Pig9R,

You can check which USB cable you have.

To determine the chip, I used the program FT_PROG v1.3.1.

Here you find this Program:

http://www.tomhamburg.net/Tunes_in_Hex_and_dat/TuneECU/FT_PROG v1.3.1.zip

After the unpacking, start the FT_PROG.exe and with 'Scan and Parse' or F5, read the FTChip ID from the cable.

If the Chip Type: FT232/245BM, then you have the cable of the first Generation.
If the Chip Type: FT232R, then you have the cable of the second Generation.

The cable of the second Generation works very fine.

BR, Tom

Pig9r,
Do you have the TuneBoy cable drivers installed correctly for TuneBoy/TuneECU?
If so, then you do not need the FTDI drivers. The TuneBoy cable will work with TuneECU with the TuneBoy drivers - both the early and later versions of the TuneBoy cables.

Both of mine (early and late) also work with the ftdi drivers from the FTDI site. But you may have the laptop trying to use the wrong drivers. You can force it to use the correct drivers if required.

If you are using the cheaper FTDI VAG cable, then you need the drivers from the FTDI site, not the ones that come with the cable.

Thanks for the quick repsonses.

I have the first generation Tuneboy cable. I have the Tuneboy drivers installed correctly because I can connect with TuneEdit. However, I still can't get TuneEcu to connect. The program opens, the red square on the bottom right of the screen flashes and the light on my Tuneboy cable will flash twice and then that is it. I end up getting a message in TuneEcu saying unable to connect, to check cable and turn bike off and on. I have uninstalled the USB > Serial cable and reinstalled with the FTDI drivers also. I get the exact same thing. I have extracted TuneEcu to a folder which contains TuneECU.exe. I have also extracted the key to the folder. Still no dice.

What OS are you running?
Some are more convoluted than others. XP Pro is simple - just install the TuneECU software/key and use the TuneBoy cable. Vista is more troublesome, but W7 is a bit easier. I don't know about Macs unless using a partition.

Have you opened up the device manager and made sure the correct drivers are being used by the TuneBoy cable?

Back