TuneECU v2.5.5

Resource Download TuneECU v2.5.5 2.5.5

No permission to download

fastfun

Supercharged
Ride
triumph roadster supercharged, 2010
R-III-R Turbo submitted a new resource:

Download TuneECU for Windows (version 2.5.5, from around 2012, works better than 2.5.8 for some)
Download TuneECU for Windows (version 2.5.8, latest & last version)

Due to numerous requests for an older version of TuneECU than 2.5.8 etc, I've posted this up on my Google Drive for download.

Zip file includes the cable drivers that were current at the time of 2.5.5 (around 2012).

IF THE LINKS DON'T WORK FOR SOME REASON, MESSAGE ME AND I WILL EMAIL THE ZIPPED FILE TO YOU

Read more about this resource...
My laptop is dead.Now I have to reinstall the TuneEcu version 2.5.8 . to my new laptop(also Windows) I already did download the files but they are not to be opened without an app. One milliondollar question now : Which app do I have to install ? Tnx for your response.

R-III-R Turbo

Mine is the biggest :)
Ride
2.5L Supercharged Carpenter Rocket III Stroker
My laptop is dead.Now I have to reinstall the TuneEcu version 2.5.8 . to my new laptop(also Windows) I already did download the files but they are not to be opened without an app. One milliondollar question now : Which app do I have to install ? Tnx for your response.

Anything that will open/extract a .zip file.

It's a 'zipped' folder that contains the TuneECU program and cable drivers etc. Makes it possible to email etc because email doesn't like .exe programs on their own since they could be viruses, so one just needs to 'unzip' the .zip file after downloading.

fastfun

Supercharged
Ride
Anything that will open/extract a .zip file.

It's a 'zipped' folder that contains the TuneECU program and cable drivers etc. Makes it possible to email etc because email doesn't like .exe programs on their own since they could be viruses, so one just needs to 'unzip' the .zip file after downloading.
I'm back again from a 'physical discomfort' so wasn't able to continue with the TuneEcufiles. I did also download the 4 separate files 2.5.5 but as those are separated from each other, how do I get those 4 ones into 1 folder/map TuneEcu of the laptop in order to make connection with the Bike ? Thanks for your response.

R-III-R Turbo

Ride
I'm back again from a 'physical discomfort' so wasn't able to continue with the TuneEcufiles. I did also download the 4 separate files 2.5.5 but as those are separated from each other, how do I get those 4 ones into 1 folder/map TuneEcu of the laptop in order to make connection with the Bike ? Thanks for your response.

If you plug in the cable to the laptop only, after opening Device Manager first.
Doing it this way means when you plug in cable, the device(s) that appear on the list belong to the cable.
Ensure the drivers are ok. Best to update the driver by pointing it to the folder in which all those downloaded TuneECU files are.
Chances are there will be 2 devices in the Device Manager list, for the cable. Both will need to be good for drivers.

Once that's all good, you can plug into bike too, and switch on ignition. Then open TuneECU program.
Best to have battery on charger doing all this so voltage is stable and you can take your time and not worry about flattening battery.

If you're not comfortable with this computer stuff we could arrange a Zoom call to go through it live.

fastfun

Supercharged
Ride
If you plug in the cable to the laptop only, after opening Device Manager first.
Doing it this way means when you plug in cable, the device(s) that appear on the list belong to the cable.
Ensure the drivers are ok. Best to update the driver by pointing it to the folder in which all those downloaded TuneECU files are.
Chances are there will be 2 devices in the Device Manager list, for the cable. Both will need to be good for drivers.

Once that's all good, you can plug into bike too, and switch on ignition. Then open TuneECU program.
Best to have battery on charger doing all this so voltage is stable and you can take your time and not worry about flattening battery.

If you're not comfortable with this computer stuff we could arrange a Zoom call to go through it live.
Zooming is almost undoing cause I have to do this job with my laptop connected to the bike outside ( European time ,it is dark outside,temperature near to 0 now) , I don't have a place of my own to work on the bike. Hopefully you can help me out with the TuneEcu files. T

Cause I have to do this job outside (no working place of my own)to be connected with the bike and now it is dark outside (European time)and temperature near to 0,rain is coming up again :-( , zooming is undoing for me. But today I got very busy with those TuneEcu files anyway in order to get those files opened. After the 'unzipping' of the 4 files. 2.5.5 I did encounter the first issue : As I wanted to update the driver I pointed on the separate TuneEcu drivers filemap in order to open that file. Then 2 files were appearing and that's it. Tries and errors, no update selection appeared. The OBD cable was attached from laptop to the bike's ecu, power on, power off.
I got no green connectionlight anyway, possibly the Windows 10 instead my former windows 8 on the deceased laptop. But maybe I am able to fix the TuneEcu files if there is no green light anyway ?

R-III-R Turbo

Ride
I wonder would you be best to get the Android app TuneECU, and an OTG adapter for your cable to connect to your Android device.
There will be no messing with drivers, and connection to bike is practically instant.

If you really want to use the Windows version, you can do the drivers thing with the laptop in the house, with internet connectivity.
You should only have the cable plugged into laptop, and not the bike, when updating drivers for the cable.

Once the cable drivers are good, you can go out to bike and connect up, should be no issues then.

Where did you get the cable?

fastfun

Supercharged
Ride
I wonder would you be best to get the Android app TuneECU, and an OTG adapter for your cable to connect to your Android device.
There will be no messing with drivers, and connection to bike is practically instant.

If you really want to use the Windows version, you can do the drivers thing with the laptop in the house, with internet connectivity.
You should only have the cable plugged into laptop, and not the bike, when updating drivers for the cable.

Once the cable drivers are good, you can go out to bike and connect up, should be no issues then.

Where did you get the cable?
Meanwhile I plugged the obd cable into the laptop, internet is fired on, only that, and I select in my mapfiles the TuneEcufile. I select 'open'TuneEcu v2-5-5 & Drivers (CDM)'File opens and 2 other files appearing :CDM v2.12.06 WHQL Certified-Copy and : TuneEcuv2.5.5-Copy. But what next step to take ? btw. blue obd light connector is off.

fastfun

Supercharged
Ride
Meanwhile I plugged the obd cable into the laptop, internet is fired on, only that, and I select in my mapfiles the TuneEcufile. I select 'open'TuneEcu v2-5-5 & Drivers (CDM)'File opens and 2 other files appearing :CDM v2.12.06 WHQL Certified-Copy and : TuneEcuv2.5.5-Copy. But what next step to take ? btw. blue obd light connector is off.
I just noticed I cannot trace my previous answers to you about your questions #117 I'm sure I did. Anyway, here once more my answers on your #117 :
I have the Triumph obdII cable,
I have also an Android tablet (Samsung Galaxy S3 )with installed TuneEcu app. Some time I did try that but it didn't walk cause, as I do recall right, the bike has no mapsensor
anymore. However, as you can inform me it will walk yet with the tablet, please let me know.

R-III-R Turbo

Ride
I just noticed I cannot trace my previous answers to you about your questions #117 I'm sure I did. Anyway, here once more my answers on your #117 :
I have the Triumph obdII cable,
I have also an Android tablet (Samsung Galaxy S3 )with installed TuneEcu app. Some time I did try that but it didn't walk cause, as I do recall right, the bike has no mapsensor
anymore. However, as you can inform me it will walk yet with the tablet, please let me know.

Aha, hmmm it might just be the cable is the problem here.
I have the Triumph cable too, but not tried it with TuneECU. Not sure if it will work. I'm away from bike too so can't try.

I do know that the TuneBoy cable will work for TuneBoy / TuneEdit AND TuneECU, but the TuneECU cable will not work for TuneBoy.

Reckon you should head to lonelec.co.uk and invest a few € in a cable for Triumphs. This will work for Windows and Android TuneECUs for sure.

fastfun

Supercharged
Ride
Aha, hmmm it might just be the cable is the problem here.
I have the Triumph cable too, but not tried it with TuneECU. Not sure if it will work. I'm away from bike too so can't try.

I do know that the TuneBoy cable will work for TuneBoy / TuneEdit AND TuneECU, but the TuneECU cable will not work for TuneBoy.

Reckon you should head to lonelec.co.uk and invest a few € in a cable for Triumphs. This will work for Windows and Android TuneECUs for sure.

I did receive a brand new obd cable for R3 via TuneEcu.net but it turns out now that the cable is not the problem.
Quote you :
"If you really want to use the Windows version, you can do the drivers thing with the laptop in the house, with internet connectivity.
You should only have the cable plugged into laptop, and not the bike, when updating drivers for the cable."

After doing this, which steps, selections do I have to follow in order to update the TuneEcu ? driver(s).
Please walk me through the steps to be taken.