TuneEcu/PCIII Question....

Gkiller

Supercharged
I finally got around to installing PCIII-USB (with O2 Optimizer) on my R3 this weekend...install went well and bike runs great (used map 510-003) with TORS and CAT delete (no intake mod).

My TuneECU cable should come in today or tomorrow, at which time I will load TuneECU into the bike (map 20050 adjusted for decel popping), then will take the bike to get it dyno'd within the next couple of weeks and dialed in for optimal performance for my setup.

Question...with both the PCIII map and TuneEcu map installed, are there any immediate adjustments that need to be made for riding prior to getting the bike dyno'd? Will use of both maps create any issues?

Create a tuneecu map with the ignition map from I4 copied to I2 and I3. They open the secondaries 100%, then correct the speedo for 6% and that should be all you need to do. Let the PCIII take care of the fuel needs. Once you get your dyno tune done if you want to remove the PCIII, you can copy that map and import it into the tune you created in tuneecu then load that tune.

Create a tuneecu map with the ignition map from I4 copied to I2 and I3. They open the secondaries 100%, then correct the speedo for 6% and that should be all you need to do. Let the PCIII take care of the fuel needs. Once you get your dyno tune done if you want to remove the PCIII, you can copy that map and import it into the tune you created in tuneecu then load that tune.

Thanks....but I don't see an I4..? I see I1, I2 and I3...
With regards to the other tables (fuel, L1-L3, A/F, etc.) do I just "wipe" those clean and only leave the "I" tables populated?

I plan on leaving the PCIII installed...cannot think of a reason to remove it.

Don't change anything in the tables on the tune. In fact I would just use whatever the equivalent is to your stock tune that you are running now, just make sure the ignition and secondaries are changed. One good reason to remove the PCIII is that it is one less thing to go wrong later down the road. If it goes bad, the bike will run poorly or not at all -- not that PCIII's going bad is an issue, but I like to take a minimalist's approach.

Thanks....but I don't see an I4..? I see I1, I2 and I3...
With regards to the other tables (fuel, L1-L3, A/F, etc.) do I just "wipe" those clean and only leave the "I" tables populated?

I plan on leaving the PCIII installed...cannot think of a reason to remove it.

Don't wipe them. leave the F & L tables. You should have I1-I4 or I1-3 & I(N) if you are seeing I(N) then copy the I3 table to I1 & 2

OK...I've copied I3 over to I2 and I1, opened secondaries to 100% across the board, changed speed adjustment to +6%....
Since I have the PcIII 02 Optimizer installed, do I need to uncheck the O2 Sensor box in the tune, or leave it checked?

OK...I've copied I3 over to I2 and I1, opened secondaries to 100% across the board, changed speed adjustment to +6%....
Since I have the PcIII 02 Optimizer installed, do I need to uncheck the O2 Sensor box in the tune, or leave it checked?
I unchecked mine, but it shouldn't matter.

BTW - if you do the +6% speed adjust, it will make your speedometer correct but throw off your odometer. I choose not to do this one, but my gps & radar detector tell me my correct speed.

Back