TuneECU or not TuneECU?

Foggy

.020 Over
Ride
2013 Roadster
My 2005 Rocket standard is now running Tors pipes, standard CAT and a KN air filter. I took it to a local dealer last thursday as it did not seem to be running very well, but all they did was to reset the ECU to standard and told me that the ECU would self adjust to cope with the non standard components.
I went on a ride out for Devon Air Ambulance today, and had terrible trouble keeping the bike going, it would not idle and in the end gave up and nursed it home, it will now only start if the throttle is a little open, still won't idle.
So my question is this..........
I have downloaded the latest TUNEECU onto my laptop and also the map which looks like the correct one for my bikes configuration 20225.
Is there a better map which accounts for the KN FILTER?
Should I still make a copy of the current map even though it does not work
Or should I be doing something else before I try this route?
I still have to order a connection cable before I can proceed.
Any help would be greatly received, I've been reading as much info from the site about TuneECU, but there is so much and it does get very complicated for a novice.
Thanks

PM me your email address I have a good tune from Hanso should be good for your setup

Geez your quick I started writing had to go attend to a resident and you snuck in under me, alls good as that is the tune I was going to send him
I am good do not care what the FATBOY said about me

TPS -THROTTLE POSITION SENSOR?
RS-?
Not sure what you mean by RS?
TPS = Throttle Position Sensor. The early ones are well known to go bad. Use TuneECU to set it correctly, then if the problem goes away and then returns fairly quickly, replace the Primary TPS.

RS = rat excrement - i.e. useless.

I am good do not care what the FATBOY said about me

BugMouth,
Was the OP saying he has a OEM K&N or trip K&Ns???
Likely would present for a different tune?
If the OP has TORs, he has NO cat!?!?
Bug-Mouth.jpg

Back