RockyIII

Supercharged
Another TuneEcu virgin in need of some advice.
I have ordered my OBDII cable and look forward to using tuneecu. I have been doing tons of research on this and I need to make a good decision.
First of all, The only performance mod that I have is a custom made straight through, full exhaust system (no cat of course). Just fitted a new stock air filter.
I have disconnected the O2 sensor which has clearly made the bike less snatchy at low revs and smoother down low aswell.
I was looking at the OEM map options and thought that 20228 would be good, but not 100% sure. Then I saw loads of custom maps and secondaries 100% open which I'm not sure about either. After disconnecting the O2 sensor, decel pop reduced a bit. My idle is low at start up (around 650-700) and gets to about 950 when heat soaked.

Should I just use OEM 20228 or can anyone suggest a better option that's worked for them. I just want the best possible tune for my exhaust.
Would it also be better to turn off the SAI sensor?

I hope I haven't confused the situation, any help will be appreciated, Ben.

First, I'm surprised it runs with the O2 sensor disconnected. Unless you disable closed loop in the software or have a PCIII hardware item called an O2 sensor controller, which fools the bike into never going into closed loop, it's going to look for an O2 signal at low throttle position.

The 20228 tune is for Triumph off road (TOR) mufflers with a cat box without catalyst in it. The 20226 is for the TORs with cat bypass pipe. If you have an exhaust which is as free flowing as the Jardine system, 20226 will be too lean and you will need a custom tune. Sounds like you want a custom tune for Jardines or predator exhaust.

Thanks for replying.
I simply just disconnected the O2 sensor and it seems to run better low down. The check engine light came on but I will try to clear that when I receive the cable to load a new map. I don't have PCIII or V or anything else, just the short, straight through exhaust.
Before disconnecting the O2 the acceleration was really snatchy in 1st.

Back