TuneECU - How to run diagnostics and tests

tdragger

Living Legend
TuneECU has a number of diagnostics and tests but, unfortunately, the user guide is a bit scant on procedures to use them. Can a Captain knowledgeable in these things help the developer out by going into more detail on each diagnostic and test? Please go into enough detail to prevent a shade tree mechanic from having to make too many assumptions or guesses. Thanks!

TuneECU has a number of diagnostics and tests but, unfortunately, the user guide is a bit scant on procedures to use them. Can a Captain knowledgeable in these things help the developer out by going into more detail on each diagnostic and test? Please go into enough detail to prevent a shade tree mechanic from having to make too many assumptions or guesses. Thanks!

I would like to add the following as I am not too clear on what is going on in most of the time with TUNE ECU.
like other I have downloaded the latest tuneecu 2.5.5 it show on my computer as a two liner tune.ecu and below tune ecu .DLL when I try to open the program computer says library(dll)is missing. what am I supposed to do? only once I actually had the program opened ( I think) the page showing gauges with the word triumph on my screen, was that the program opening page ?? I plugged the cable in turned the ignition on and read "ECU does not speak to computer"or something to that effect , WTF next move was to take the bike to the shop ....they had no problems reading the malfunction codes so WTF what is wrong here

I would like to add the following as I am not too clear on what is going on in most of the time with TUNE ECU.
like other I have downloaded the latest tuneecu 2.5.5 it show on my computer as a two liner tune.ecu and below tune ecu .DLL when I try to open the program computer says library(dll)is missing. what am I supposed to do? only once I actually had the program opened ( I think) the page showing gauges with the word triumph on my screen, was that the program opening page ?? I plugged the cable in turned the ignition on and read "ECU does not speak to computer"or something to that effect , WTF next move was to take the bike to the shop ....they had no problems reading the malfunction codes so WTF what is wrong here

Are you putting the new version 2.5.5 along with the dll in the zipmfile you downloaded into a new folder?

no I downloaded as stand alone on a USB key
I would say that the dll that comes with the 2.5.5 exe file in the zip file you download from the tuneecu site should both go into a new folder with no other dll's or exe files.

I would say that the dll that comes with the 2.5.5 exe file in the zip file you download from the tuneecu site should both go into a new folder with no other dll's or exe files.
ok will try that..I got the software to talk to the ECU it read the engine management fault code but it does not read the ecu map? go figure

Windows limitation.

If you have a file in a zip folder (like the TuneECU download folder), and you open it, if it relies on another file in that zip folder, windows will not automatically unzip the second file. They must be removed from the zip and put somewhere else.

Yes it will read the fault code and the map.

ok will try that..I got the software to talk to the ECU it read the engine management fault code but it does not read the ecu map? go figure

I used Tuneboy on my Rocket and TuneEcu on a T-Bird. TuneEcu did everything as advertised. Tuneboy was always a pain.

Back