Daffy

.020 Over
I used tune ecu on my bike.
i raised the rev limit to 7000 rpm
raised my top speed to 225 kpm.
lowered my fan temp to 100 c
and opened up the 2ndaries.

My T is much more responsive now.
I love the change and cant say enough about it.
It is really worth the price of the cable.
DO IT!!!

will be making more changes for this weekend with fuel and timing.

these bikes are a blast.

Daffy

Has anyone else done the raising of the rev limiter? (on any RIII)
I wouldn't mind doing this myself ... IF and only IF I'm confident it won't adversely affect the engine. Thoughts??

My question would be why raise the rev limiter? Unless you have done engine mods that show you are making more power up that high why run the risk? My peak horsepower is at around 5500 RPMs give or take a little.

i made the changes not because i use them but because its its nice to know its there if i need it.

dropped in the standard r3 140 hp tune last night.

why?

because i can and it is awesome.

i will shut my trap now.

Daffy

When you say the standard R3 140 HP tune, exactly what tune are you referring to? As most here who have been working with these tunes for awhile know, the R3T and the Standard/Classic models have different tables and their tunes are not compatible.

Did you perhaps load the 138HP tune that I helped Wayne at Tuneboy develop? If so, have you done the intake and exhaust modifications that tune was designed for? Without those changes a stock R3T would run much too rich.

There is a considerable amount of knowledge here concerning these bikes and their tunes. Most notable of which is Wayne at Power-Tripp Performance. Unless you have some experience in tuning these bikes I would advise caution when making changes. These tools offer a great deal of flexibility in tuning the R3 but they can also cause some serious problems if applied incorrectly.

Not trying to bust your balls, you may well know much more than I, most do. I'd just hate to see you damage that R3T.

when i first tried to load the tune my computer wouldnt take it.

the tune was for a stock r3.

with some fiddling and fudging i merged the two programs and my ecu accepted it.

i may not have all 140 hp but there is a very noticable difference.

the only thing i did not like about the touring was that triumph slashed the hp.

alittle background on myself ...

i have been working on cars, motorcycles and diesels for 30+years.

i have been co-owner/mechanic of my own shop.

worked in several others and got to where i couldnt do the manual labor anymore.

i have since turned my talents to keeping machinery inside buildings running
instead.

the weather is nicer inside.

and no more heavy labor.

i still work on the occasional motorcycle or car but mostly keep to my own.

if i screw up my bike i have no one to blame but myself and will fix it myself.

i love machines and dont so much care for people.

and above all else... I LOVE THESE BIKES.

Daffy

You certainly seem to have the background to know what you're doing. If you look at my sig line you'll see what kind of rear wheel horsepower I'm getting from my R3T. Considering that stock the RWHP was around 90 I'm pretty happy with the results. It took several iterations of changes and multiple trips to the dyno to get things sorted. It is important that you match the tune changes with intake/exhaust changes as the A/F ratio can vary considerably. As Wayne has mentioned in some of his posts, he tunes for power and lets the A/F ratio fall where it wants (within reason, I'm sure). That said, with his tune my A/F ratio tracks right around 13:1.

There's a considerable amount of power to be gained in the R3T. Good luck and have fun.

Back