Tuneboy tuner lurker looking for a tune or tips...

ConcreteBob

.020 Over
Ride
2007 r3
Well I am posting as the Son of the owner of a Rocket 3. My dad (who IS concretebob)is not too technically inclined so I hope to someday get him going on this forum. In the meantime I have found this site to be a big help and resource for his amazing cruiser. I atm ride a Suzuki SV650s and while it is a confused sportbike, it is not able to keep up with the rocket past 120ish.

Anyway back on topic. After playing with some of the new tunes for the rocket we are having a few issues.

For one his bike has the Triumph offroad pipes with the cat removed and no intake modifications. I have used the tune off the tuneboy site that is supposed to be the latest with the idle/dying fix but in doing that the bike has the loud popping issue.

I used a few of the tunes from this site that deals with the popping and while it did remove the problem, it caused the bike to run really rich and kill its mileage as well as its idle quality. Sadly we messe with what we though was the manual idle screw (what others said at a different forum) and that in turned mesed up the entire running of the bike so he plans to take it in and get that fixed.

I was messing with some of the tunes trying to figure out how to get the idle up a little bit but it doesnt seam that adjusting the idle in Tuneboy does much of anything with the idle of the bike. I set it at 750 it stays around 600.. i set it to 900 it stays at 600. after messing with it a bit we got it to go from 600-800 but it never stays put at any set idle speed.

So any advice from here would be great. Since I am in college and have little time to ride or tweek tunes I might not be able to manually customize a tune on my own for the next 2 weeks. If anyone could build us a tune that is setup for the basic Rocket III with OffRoad pipes, no cat, 100% secondaries, etc. that would be great.
Also the home altitude around here is around 100ft with us traveling up to about 4000 so if that has any bearing on the tune.. :/

In the end he would like to get a Turbo for this bike but untill then, lets get out what we can with what we have.

Thanks again.

Robert

The son of Bob. :D

Hi the son of Bob.

Try this one.

Link Removed

It is based on the 20222 tune. Speedo corrected, fuel added in the right areas in the L1, 2 and 3 maps to adress decel popping, ignition fully advanced and secondaries open. Don't forget to turn off the O2 sensor.

Some good info here and here Link Removed on setting the idle.

I think I read the post you were talking about, that guy screwed his bike up pretty good too.

You might have some issue with altitude. If it starts running poorly, shut the bike off and restart so the pressure sensor has a chance to get a new reading. With the O2 sensor shut off it won't be able to change very much on the fly.

Back