Tuneboy Pods but no tune

stevieB

.020 Over
Yeh I am a newbie and its a dumb question but I got my self some pod filters, the red scruntchy type ones that go under the bearclaw. Recently I removed the secondary butterflies and did the 12 minute tune and it worked great but will that work for the pods if I put them on or do I have to get a Tuneboy or PC3 first?

If the exhaust is stock then you should be fine adding the pods. However, if it starts popping a lot on deceleration it means you're probably running too lean and you'll need to look at doing something to add a little more fuel - PCV, TuneBoy, Tune ECU, Dobeck. Removing secondaries (if you have a Triumph tune) will most likely already have leaned you up more than the pods will. This is because they are used to control air flow to richen your mix at certain points.

Today I installed the pods. I did the 12 minute tune thing and then went for a test ride.

Wow, is this great or what. The bike sounds like a roaring beast and is very responsive and quick. It did backfire once but overall I think it is great. When I can afford to get a Tuneboy or something I will remap but for the meantime this works.

Thanks a bunch Canberra3 for your input.:)

Steve,
Dobeck's cheaper than tuneboy or PC3,
plus ya get back 7% the factory robbed from us
(for our own safety ya understand)
and a nifty gear indicator too.
Get a PC3 or tuneboy an ya gotta hook up your laptop to, and keep up with a cd.
Dobeck is plug an play and nothing to keep up with,
you change something later on, just hit the button to richen it up,
or lean it down, where-ever she runs best.
Course, if you're a computer whiz, then for the price of a $16. cable off e-bay
you could have TuneECU for free.

I just ordered one of those cables and will give this TuneECU a shot but it looks complicated. I was kinda hoping when I plugged it all in it would appear to be a bit easier. Im no computer wizz but dont mind having a go.:)

I think Skip meant a GIPro + ATRE instead of Dobeck. Forgive him; he's old and/or been drinking....;) Of course I have a Dobeck too and reckon it's brilliant but the GIPro is what gives the power that Triumph robs and a gear indicator. A very worthwhile investment - although you will no doubt be told it's not necessary if you have Tune ECU or TuneBoy. Just depends on how you want to go. Personally I'm a plug and play type of guy. Others like to fiddle.

I just had a read up on the Gipro and from what I can tell it does the same thing as I have already done by removing the secondaries. Oh and gives you a gear indicator but I dont really need that. Maybe I am missing something.

I want to be able to add a better exhaust etc and then remap to suit.

No Stevie your not confused. there is a little change in timing as the gig pro fools the ecu. You will be able to do the same and more with that 16.00 cable. Important things to like diagnostic abilities. Don't rush into the computer thing head on fast and you will get it. there are plenty here that know tune ecu.

If you ever decide to go tune boy well then your in my alley I can help.

I just received my cable and have downloaded tuneECU. I have the pod filters with secondaries removed. I just bought a Dennis Foran 3 into 2 full system on fleabay. Anyone have any idea if there is a tune I can use or do I have to pick one and wing it?

Back