TuneBoy or Powercommander? Which 3-pipe?

Psydone

.040 Over
Tuneboy vs PCIII, couldn't be bothered reading the THOUSAND pages of Tuneboy posts huh ;-)

It comes down to you,

if you want to simply plug in and play then a PCIII, with some mechnical mods (Removing secondary plates) will get you where you want to be.

If your a bit of a nerd (Like me) and want to configure what you want from the rocket with a piece of software then the tuneboy might be what your after.

Dyno Dyno Dyno if your looking for super performance.
The PCIII has a broad community and wide support, though not alot of discussion here on different setups and performances. The Tuneboy seems to have a HUGE amount of discussion and "tweaking needed" topics on the forum.

Perhaps it all comes down to creativity. A rock just IS, it works functions and performs a great job day in and day out. But then again you can't be real creative with a rock... can you...

I tried the Mad Dogs with the stock cat set up. Sounded much better but was still a little quite for me. I then installed the cat bypass and the bike sounds and runs great. I did only the 12 minute tune and the only problem is minor back fire. I LOVE the sound of the Mad dogs at both the low and high ends.

The Mad dogs also don't have as much upsweep as the stock mufflers. I think they look better with the saddle bags.

Anyway as long as its still a Rocket you can't go wrong!

Tuneboy worth the extra?... Even if you're not an ubergeek like Psydone there, I think it's worth it. It is the only true ECU tuning tool that allows you to remove the first three gear restrictions WITHOUT yanking out bike parts or doing any other mechanical/electrical circumvention. It's the only tool to let you remove/change the speed limiter and rev limiter and adjust the speedo error. Those refinements are worth it to me even if I never touch the other fine adjustments.

Far as pipes go, there really isn't a big difference as far as performance goes. Just get the catbypass pipe and whatever 3 pipe setup you fansy most. I really like the catbypass and TORs myself.

Back