Tuneboy Installation

dougl

Living Legend
Ride
2007 R3 Classic
I can't get the latest version of Tuneboy downloaded from the Tuneboy website to connect. Has anyone done this lately? What do you do about the driver? Does it load automatically from the stuff in the zip file or do you manually load it from the downloadable drivers zip file?

On the options tab, select properties, then select usb for cable type, then try each serial port in the drop down until one works. You may have to exit out of tunedit and turn the bike off in between each try. It takes awhile but that's what I had to do. You might also try clicking the precision timer box.

On the options tab, select properties, then select usb for cable type, then try each serial port in the drop down until one works. You may have to exit out of tunedit and turn the bike off in between each try. It takes awhile but that's what I had to do. You might also try clicking the precision timer box.

I've got the ports right. The latest version Tuneedit works when I load the driver off my original Tuneboy disk. However Tuneboy starts, up, gets the readings from my bike, and crashes. This started when I got a new laptop and loaded the latest Tuneedit and Tuneboy software.

About the drivers, when you uninstall the old program version and then re-install the latest version from a zip file from the Tuneboy site, you have to get the usb driver from somewhere. Where do you get it from?

When you plugged in the cable, did it ask you for the USB to serial drivers? It should offer to find them on the internet or from disk.

When you plugged in the cable, did it ask you for the USB to serial drivers? It should offer to find them on the internet or from disk.

I chose to have it find them on my hard drive, where I saved the drivers zip file and unpacked it. The main directory has ftdibus.cat, ftdiport.cat, ftdibus.inf, and ftdiport.inf files. There are two subfolders: i386 for 32 bit and amd64 for 64 bit. It said it couldn't find a driver to install from the main directory although it should have recognized the ftdibus.inf file and loaded it from that.

I just went to the ftdi site and download their latest drivers. The directory structure was exactly the same as from Tuneboy except the dates were more recent. The instructions on the ftdi site are the same as Wayne's.

I'll try again.

Have you called the Tuneboy 24/7 tech support hotline?:D

Very funny.

I haven't been able to get Tuneboy to work without crashing since I upgraded to the latest version of TuneEdit/Tuneboy. I just reinstalled everything fro my original disk from Oz (version 3.0.3) and everything works. I was worried that my ECU was busted. However, the old version doesn't let you change the idle, which I had increased to 850 with the newer TuneEdit. Is the idle stored in the tune or if I download it, will the idle go back down to the default?

Back