LintonSteele

Standard Bore
Ride
Triumph Rocket 3 2007
Just joined, John from Scotland now in Colorado with a 2007 Rocket 3.
looking for help with TuneBoy when i try to download the latest map it is telling me the bike has timed out or not connected. telling me the map is not recognized and to download the latest tune edit. i have the latest one, any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_4397.jpg
    IMG_4397.jpg
    481.5 KB · Views: 1
Just joined, John from Scotland now in Colorado with a 2007 Rocket 3.
looking for help with TuneBoy when i try to download the latest map it is telling me the bike has timed out or not connected. telling me the map is not recognized and to download the latest tune edit. i have the latest one, any ideas?

Hi John! Jerry here. Welcome to the States!
i would suggest you post in the "Trading Tunes" forum or even the "TuneEcu" forum to get the fastest answer.
Good luck!

G'day and welcome.

It has been a long time since I used TuneBoy, I now use TuneECU. Several years ago I tried to get in touch with the TuneBoy, and despite the fact that I had spent several hundred dollars on their software and special cable I never got a response from them. Therefore, as it has been some time since I used it, I am not sure that I can help much.

Are you using TuneBoy with their cable or via a WiFi setup? If it is with their cable then you may not have the correct drivers installed. Do you have the correct TuneBoy "key" code to unlock your bike? Without it you will not be able to install a tune with TuneEdit, although you will be able to things with TuneBoy.

Unless you have a HIGHLY modified RIII, and need the rev limiter raised to 8 or 9 thousand RPM, TuneECU will do all you need to do without the hassles of TuneBoy - and customer response is excellent.

I would open tune boy dash and see if you can link up then do a few test. If you get the test to work like fan test you are definitely linked up. close dash and open tune edit with the proper tune. Now if you had tune boy for a while and you just down loaded a tune from there site your soft ware is out dated and you either need to update it of find a older tune. Make sure you have tune edit in slow down load mode.

I would open tune boy dash and see if you can link up then do a few test. If you get the test to work like fan test you are definitely linked up. close dash and open tune edit with the proper tune. Now if you had tune boy for a while and you just down loaded a tune from there site your soft ware is out dated and you either need to update it of find a older tune. Make sure you have tune edit in slow down load mode.
I updated the TuneBoy software,deleted the old and all is well!
Thank you very much. That launch control is a lot of fun!

What does the slow down load mode help with?

I updated the TuneBoy software,deleted the old and all is well!
Thank you very much. That launch control is a lot of fun!

What does the slow down load mode help with?
It makes it so the time out takes a long time so your down load completes.
If your playing with the launch mode you must still have your secondary plates in?

You beat me to it you bam, was going to say you have to have the most recent drivers for tuneboy as I went thru the same problem.
Where are you from and please do not tell me you are a Celtic supporter:p

Ardrossan, Ayrshire.and no, no Celtic for me!
Also not sure if I have my secondary plates, as I have no idea what these are..

The secondary plates are in the top of the throttle bodies. Do you still have the original intake plumbing? If so I bet the plates are still in. That and you said you were messing with the launch control which utilizes the secondary throttle plate to hold the rpm while your throttle is wide open. The once you release the clutch lever they slam open and its on without having to crank the throttle.

Hi John! Jerry here. Welcome to the States!
i would suggest you post in the "Trading Tunes" forum or even the "TuneEcu" forum to get the fastest answer.
Good luck!
i had no idea about trading tunes. I will go take a look now. Cheers Jerry!

Back