joey fletcher

My Son's Bike
Ride
Recliner
Hi guys

I have a 2005 Rocket III with 20,000+ miles on it. I was just told a tune up will be $700.00 with out air filters. Is that in the ball park of the true cost

Never had a tune up, I do my own oil changes and
brake pads.

Riding to the beach in the morning.....temps are in the low 30's

The old girl is slow to start here lately, but still runs great

I hope everyone is doing great....been a while since I was on here

You Friend forever

Joey

If that includes the valve shim service and all other relevant checks and fluid changes, not bad at all.

Hi guys

I have a 2005 Rocket III with 20,000+ miles on it. I was just told a tune up will be $700.00 with out air filters. Is that in the ball park of the true cost

Never had a tune up, I do my own oil changes and
brake pads.

Riding to the beach in the morning.....temps are in the low 30's

The old girl is slow to start here lately, but still runs great

I hope everyone is doing great....been a while since I was on here

You Friend forever

Joey
Hey Joey I thought you up and left us after fancy gap. Its like you dug a hole and hid :) at 20,000 they are prabably quoting pulling the cam cover iff and checking the clearances with shimming. Might be a estimate if they have to pull the cams. Slow starting could just be minor stuff like how old is the battery? And maybe a ISCV CHECK/RESET. Sure glad to see your still around I was really starting to worry about you my friend.

Well Hello you young rascal, how ya been.

The battery is 4 months old, I had a Odyssey battery about a tear old but read that it was crap in cold weather so I bought a acid core

The old girl will spin over for more than 30 seconds and not hit a lick..I do it again 20 or 30 min later it might spin over again with out starting. By the 3rd. time it will usually start.
I do have to have the battery tender still hooked up when I do that.

Scott you have to speak English to me....I do not understand all that m/c talk...LOL ISCV CHECK/RESET?????

JB ask about you, I tell her you retired rich and on the go. You still could give an old man a call some time. I would have called you but I lost my cell phone and don't have your number.

Let me know in pvt you number or call me on my cell....I got a new fancy one

Hey Guys

What is a good battery for the dang rocket......I just put a motocraft battery almost 5 months ago. The highest CCA they had.

Dang rocket just would turn over for about 10 seconds and the battery was almost dead.

I ran the rocket for more than an hour yesterday..It was hard to start then

Called the store where I bought it from......and guess what.......only a 90 warranty on motorcycle battery.....now that is a rip off for sure

I jumped it off and it is running now....I hope the heated clothes work...about a 4 hr. ride at 30 * F

Back