Tune on a dyno, Tuneboy or Tuneecu

Leif Almberg

.060 Over
Since I have bought and paid for the Tuneboy software and cable, I should have the possibility to tune my Roadster using a dyno.
however since Wayne at Tuneboy does not publish any base maps for the Roadster, so far the Tuneboy software is for me a scam.
the license key is unique for my bike but I do not have any maps for the Roadster to start with.

Since Tuneboy/Tuneedit cannot extract a map from the motorcycle, I am stucked.

the long way to solve this would be to actually insert all the values from a Tuneecu map. number by number. don't miss any and no misspells!

the rather long way would be to run the bike on a dyno and change the values in TuneECU iteratively reaching better and better values.

the reason I still would like to use Tuneedit rather than tuneECU is that you can link Tuneedit to a Dyno in order to get communication and recommendations on changes for your map.

I am out of ideas and I have wasted lots of dollars on Tuneboy. any advice?

I have emailed Wayne MacDonald several times. first to verify that TB was certified for the Roadster and after that a couple of times asking, begging, pleading for a Roadster tune.

zip zero nada in reply.

I will email him right away and we'll see what happens. the only difference is that now I can ask him for a base tune rather than a tune made by him, I don't care for those right now.

Hi Wayne, I hope everything is fine.

I am still eagerly waiting for Roadster tunes to be released for Tuneboy.
I am probably going to dyno the bike, so stock tunes will suffice.
I have the Roadster tors on the bike which gives the 20355 tune rather than 20352, but if I'm going to dyno it, it really doesn't matter which tune to start from I guess.
I checked the Tuneboy website and there was no downloadable tunes for the Roadster, only for the Rocket models of earlier years.
Please let me know if you have a tune for the Roadster available, stock will be fine, since the Tuneboy and Tuneedit software is right now not really usable to me.
all the best,
//Leif Almberg, Gothenburg, Sweden.

that is an email not stretching or crossing anything, right?
sent 5 minutes ago to support@tuneboy.com.au

Unfortunately that has become the norm. I think he is interested in the making money side of business but not the customer service/support.

Unless Tuneboy doesn't work with the Roadster, Wayne will probably post some tunes eventually.

When I bought Tuneboy, it took a while before Wayne started doing custom tunes on bikes with different exhausts and intakes. By the way, I have had a lot of correspondence with Wayne over the years.

Unless Tuneboy doesn't work with the Roadster, Wayne will probably post some tunes eventually.

When I bought Tuneboy, it took a while before Wayne started doing custom tunes on bikes with different exhausts and intakes. By the way, I have had a lot of correspondence with Wayne over the years.

if he does custom tunes, that's a bonus. what bugs me is that he doesn't even post the stock tunes, and those I know that he has, just sitting there on his harddrive.

there is no chance for a normal guy/customer to extract the tune from a bike to tuneboy. Wayne can do that in a snap. and he has. why not put these on his site?

that's all I need so I can get to the shop and start the dyno!
I had several email contacts with Wayne where he confirmed that tuneboy works with the Roadster. that's why I bought it. when he had got my money, no more contact.

just post the darn stock tunes!

I have copyed your email and will send it on behalf for you from AU,as i have always been answered.lets see?

thank's, we'll see what happens and what kind of reply we get.
Wayne has had a Roadster on the dyno and did create a custom tune, so everything is up and running. all I need is the base tune, not his custom tune, don't bother for that.

Poor support of Mr WMD has unfortunately become the norm.

I was also very angry. That is the reason why I support TuneECU so strong.

BR, Tom

if he does custom tunes, that's a bonus. what bugs me is that he doesn't even post the stock tunes, and those I know that he has, just sitting there on his harddrive.

there is no chance for a normal guy/customer to extract the tune from a bike to tuneboy. Wayne can do that in a snap. and he has. why not put these on his site?

that's all I need so I can get to the shop and start the dyno!
I had several email contacts with Wayne where he confirmed that tuneboy works with the Roadster. that's why I bought it. when he had got my money, no more contact.

just post the darn stock tunes!

Back