Tune me Baby!!

bear2300

Standard Bore
Hi All,

I have a 2005 rocket with staintune pipes and cat bypass and i have installed Unifilter pods under the bearclaw. I have downloaded the 20050_3 tune off the tuneboy site and the bike runs excellent when cruising or giving it some stick but around town in stop/start traffic it is a bit off. It pops a bit as you would expect but it has a habit of having backfires through the throttle bodies which i am a bit worried about, having the foam filters installed.

I am going to look at maybe loading a decel map to see if it calms it down when decellerating and part throttle openings.

If anyone has any suggestions or tunes they think are suitable please let me know. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

cheers

Thanks for that mate. I did see that map and consider it but i didnt know how much different the maddogs would be from the staintunes. I do notice now that you said it has been used with TORS so i will give it a go.

Has this got any fuel added for decel??

cheers

Love these pipes!

I just got the Staintune/cat delete set-up for my Rocket, and I can't tell you how happy I am with them! I just put in an underseat K&N and the factory tune, but the performance difference is remarkable. Not just more raw power, but much better throttle response at all speeds. What I also like is that they are not much noisier than the stock pipes but the tone is completely different. It now has the sound of authority the bike deserves.

Thanks for posting that tune Pig. I downloaded it and went on an 750km test ride!!
I took the laptop in case the tune didnt work with my setup but i neednt have bothered, it ran bloody fantastic. Smooth as butter and so much better at part throttle and decel. Barely a pop all trip. It pulled hard and my bum dyno could not find anything close to a flat spot. It seems way better than any of the Tuneboy tunes especially down low.

I was worried the fuel economy would be hopeless as i figured it would be dumping fuel down low to stop the popping but it was actually better! The fuel light normally came on between 190 and 210km but i went past 230km and it hadnt come on and after filling up it only took 15 litres. It seems doing the PC3 map and migrating it into Tuneboy makes all the difference.

Many thanks mate.

Jardine Tune

Pig9r,
Well, I'm off to the dealership in about an hour to pick up my R3! It's an '07 standard, and I had them install the Jardine exhaust. Looking at the resources page, I figured the "20226 Aftermarket exhaust and catalytic converter removed" is what I should expect the service department to have mapped to. Does that sound right? Thanks for any insight. Pics soon - I can't wait!

Mike

Can I change the filds(A/F in TE)14,57 to another value? The bike is very lean in low rpm. Iam using 20219 map.

Back