john allenden

Carpenter rocket 3
Ride
rocket 3 carpenter upgrade
Hi guys
I have 2005 carpenter rocket 3 just lately I'm finding ,after downloading a map after running around on the bike I lose the map and it runs rough ,I tried downloading again and it runs great but after a few miles it runs rough again ,what am I doing wrong.

Question. Do you also have a Power Commander with AT on this?
And if it loses the map what does it replace it with it (ecu) isnt smart at all, certainly doesn't hold two maps
Yes I have pwrc 3 usb also on board
This has just started happening just need to know that I'm doing the download in the correct sequence if I get that then I can see if I made a mistake.

I might add that everytime I open up the tune ecu the green download bar is saying download after I had done it previously.
I seem to remember there was a long period where that lighted download button was never illuminated unless I actually went to change the map.

OK not too worried about the pc3.

What you say above re the downloading. It should not do this when you plug the cable in. You should need to select the READ MAP for this to happen. Its super critical not to interupt an upload or download during the process.
The ECU may have been corrupted. I would plug the TECU in and wait till DL bar stops. THEN read the map. Then send the desired map. Once download is complete do a Read Map and ensure its actually downloaded. Make sure the battery is good. A poor battery will stuff this up too.
Disconnect all then reconnect and see if the dl bar jumps up immediately.

I'll check it out tomorrow thanks.
I've just balanced the bodies,reset the etc all is well now when I click on map edit should the download button be green before I edit as I'm not editing it or changing values I don't see why it should be prompting me to download im just ignoring it and going to tests but it has me thinking something is up.

TPS. Reset it. Ride if it starts having problems again, re-check the TPS. If it keeps going out - replace it.

Back