Loatmead

.020 Over
Ride
Triumph rocket 3r
Morning all has anyone here in the Uk used tune ecu and more importantly be prepared to do mine. I have read various post and just can’t get my head around it. I did the Meerkat exhaust mod yesterday and am keen to get a new map loaded more suited to the slightly more free flowing exhaust. Or is there an idiots guide available on what I need and a step by step guide. I only have iPad and iPhone so I guess I will need to buy a different table.
many thanks

I think the voltage drop has caused issues for some. I noticed mine dropped below 12.5v during the download even though I had a charger and second battery connected. The charger had charged it up and then stopped charging. I'm not sure what voltage triggers it to start charging again but on mine it was lower that 12.5, so I set it to winter maintenance mode and hey presto, back to 12.8v.

Morning all has anyone here in the Uk used tune ecu and more importantly be prepared to do mine. I have read various post and just can’t get my head around it. I did the Meerkat exhaust mod yesterday and am keen to get a new map loaded more suited to the slightly more free flowing exhaust. Or is there an idiots guide available on what I need and a step by step guide. I only have iPad and iPhone so I guess I will need to buy a different table.
many thanks
Pics of the Meerkat exhausts? Can we just order a system and have him send it overseas?
Thank you!

Pics of the Meerkat exhausts? Can we just order a system and have him send it overseas?
Thank you!
The meerkat exhaust mod is basically cutting 3 holes in your original silence, then cut certain parts of the internal pipe work and then weld cover plates over the 3 access holes. I did this last weekend as per the instructions I was sent but for me I just didn’t like the sound I achieved but I guess it’s each to there own, hence I’ve just ordered the works competition slip on

The meerkat exhaust mod is basically cutting 3 holes in your original silence, then cut certain parts of the internal pipe work and then weld cover plates over the 3 access holes. I did this last weekend as per the instructions I was sent but for me I just didn’t like the sound I achieved but I guess it’s each to there own, hence I’ve just ordered the works competition slip on
Hi, just read your thread and was considering do the same mod myself (getting someone to do the welding) so how did you get on cutting the holes ? and what didn’t you like once finished?
Cheers

Hi, just read your thread and was considering do the same mod myself (getting someone to do the welding) so how did you get on cutting the holes ? and what didn’t you like once finished?
Cheers
Cutting the holes was no problem used a hole saw from toolstation. What I didn’t like was the somewhat raspy exhaust note. I’ve since bought competition worx pipes which sounds a lot better and is being tuned on the 19th of this month on a dyno. To be quite honest not the best looking pipe in pictures but in the flesh they look a lot better and with the db killers in have a really nice note. My advice would be not to bother with the mod

Back