Tune ECU Ignition Table Question

sleeves

Nitrous
Ride
05 R3 Std
HI looking for an answer here. And hope question is clear.

I have always thought that the "I" tables in the ECU mapping were for each cylinder (like the F-L tables).

Now I am not so sure as I looked at some Thruxton, Thunderbird and TB Storm maps. They all have 2 cylinders and, as expected, with the F/L Tables there are only 2. But the I Tables still have three (am ignoring the N table here as that self explanatory).

Read the Tune ECU manual and doesn't seem to be mentioned.

Now could it be that (and thinking of the 2nd throttle control on stock programming here) and gear selector resistor). That as there is a different resistance for 1st,2nd, then 3rd, and another for 4th and 5th. That the ECU vaguely knows what gear you are in (even though its not displayed) and the I tables actually relate to gears 1&2 then 3, then 4&5.

This would make sense to me rather than a different advance map for each cylinder across all gears. As the load on the bike is different as the speeds increase.

Just curious.

Thanks in advance to all contributors.

I think the older maps which had 1, 2, 3,4 were 1 for 1st, 2 for 2nd, 3 for3rd, and 4 for 4th and 5th.

I think the current maps that only show 1, 2, 3 are set as 1 for 1st, 2 for 2nd and 3rd, and 3 for 4th and 5th.

Yep that's exactly right. F tables are by cylinder I tables are by gear. L tables, depending on your version of software aren't percentages or are, it's not documented very well TBH. Secondary's are a percentage.

Back