Bigj1955

.040 Over
Ride
2016 Rocket 3 Roadster
After a few weeks of messing around and pulling out the little bit of my remaining hair, I figured out why my cable/software didn't connect to the ecu.
On my bike the headlight fuse also controls the instrument cluster. So the program must be sensing an error with the fuse out - since it can see the tach and speedo this makes sense - so I tried it with the fuse in and it hooked up immediately....

What a two weeks.....

After a few weeks of messing around and pulling out the little bit of my remaining hair, I figured out why my cable/software didn't connect to the ecu.
On my bike the headlight fuse also controls the instrument cluster. So the program must be sensing an error with the fuse out - since it can see the tach and speedo this makes sense - so I tried it with the fuse in and it hooked up immediately....

What a two weeks.....

I don't think I ever took the fuse out on mine when hooking up TuneECU. If worried, hook up a trickle charger.

I don't think I ever took the fuse out on mine when hooking up TuneECU. If worried, hook up a trickle charger.
Being ignorant of the whole process - everywhere I looked it said to take the stupid fuse out....I used a trickle anyway - the process was so quick it wouldn't have mattered

Yeah, our batteries have more than enough capacity that if you've ridden the bike recently it should have no issues without pulling the fuse.

Yeah, our batteries have more than enough capacity that if you've ridden the bike recently it should have no issues without pulling the fuse.
Quick question....I downloaded hanso's map to the bike the number is 20776 . When I read the map on the bike it shows as 20773 but the information on the map is hanso'so. Just making sure the correct map is installed....does this sound ok?

Sounds like the same one he sent me. He forgot to change the name inside the map. As long as the values changed, it's all good.

So I read that TuneECU had an issue with lean spots at around 5000 rpm with the newer models of Rockets. Is this true?

So I read that TuneECU had an issue with lean spots at around 5000 rpm with the newer models of Rockets. Is this true?
TuneECU only puts in the amount of fuel it's programed to put by the person writing the tune. I don't think it can be considered TuneECU's fault.

TuneECU only puts in the amount of fuel it's programed to put by the person writing the tune. I don't think it can be considered TuneECU's fault.
Claviger has been getting this issue, regardless of what he puts in the programming.

Last edited:
Back