Tune Boy Launch Control etc

Baloo

.060 Over
Ride
Rocket X
Hi captain's,

I've been trying to study the voodoo art of remapping. (Any pointers for good sources of info appreciated, would really like to geek up on it). This lead to me looking at Tune boy rather than Tune ECU which I currently use. I notice in their website they advertise features like launch control, traction control, pit lane speed limiter etc which I assume just uses the ABS. I also noticed that for other bikes they offer cruise control using the starter button which seems like a great idea. So is Tune boy a replacement ecu/piggyback, or is it just advanced software which is ultimately expensive when you consider TuneECU will do the basic mapping? Can anyone vouch for Tune boy being worth the price?
Is it feasible to get cruise control working electronically using the starter button? Is it possible to get lunch control implemented with Tune ECU? My mind is boggled.

#ell have no idea use tune ECU myself. EASY. My version of launch control is to keep the front wheel down low enough as to not to roll the bike on top of itself. Especially while I"m on it. :roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

I purchased Tuneboy recently. What you get is a cable to connect your computer to the bike and a usb stick with the software on it. You tell them your bike and current mods and they will send ou a suitable map to use. It reflashes your ecu and allows for the other features like launch control etc.
With a strain gauge unit that goes on your gear linkage you can enable a quickshifter function. There is also an option for auto blip on downshift but im not 100% sure if it will work on the rocket. It may only apply to drive by wire throttle bikes.
I got it because I will need it at a later date when a supercharger kit is fitted. It comes with some decent documentation and I can play about with the launch control for now.
I havent actually set it up on my bike yet as I need to get a decent battery first so it will connect reliably.
It does allow for a wideband o2 sensor to be fitted using the original o2 sensor wiring which is of use for tuning on a dyno.
If you are just looking to do a few basic mods to your bike and check up on how it is running for general maintenance then tuneECU will get the job done for the cost of a cable.
If you want to take advantage of extra features, gadgets and gizmos then tuneboy may be the one for you.

Cruise control I think requires a bike with drive by wire throttle, the rocket still uses a good old fashioned cable(s) to open and close the throttle. There are other cruise control options out there that rely on engine vacuum to work but these seem to be aimed at cars and require a lot of careful setting up.

If you want to take advantage of extra features, gadgets and gizmos then tuneboy may be the one for you.
I'm generally into gadgets and gizmos, live mapping I can live without. Launch control I've never had so I don't know if it's worth it, although I do plan track runs and friendly competition. A long way off I'm seriously considering the tts supercharger route but not in the next year or two.
Thanks for giving me some food for thought.
Cruise control I think requires a bike with drive by wire throttle, the rocket still uses a good old fashioned cable(s) to open and close the throttle. There are other cruise control options out there that rely on engine vacuum to work but these seem to be aimed at cars and require a lot of careful setting up.
That makes sense. I've seen other options, I'm not prepared to spend that sort of money though. It didn't occur to me that Tune Boy don't integrate it due to being cable operated.

I think for now I'll stick with Tune ECU. I just want to learn more about it to safely get the best from the monster.

Back