pagmanic

.020 Over
Ride
2010 roadster
have managed to load this map into tunecu and thought i would have a play opening up the secondaries in the lower gears, what i dont understand is why in 4th and 5th above 4800rpm the secondaries are restricted ? seems strange to my confused brain. While we're on the subject is this the best tune for a 2010 roadster which will shortly be fitted with tors and ramair filters ? any help gratefully recieved

That would be ace Craig, thanks

I have just PM'ed you the links to the 2 modified tunes. Both tunes have the secondary open 100% across the entire rpm range for all gears.

The first tune adds 5% fuel to help balance out the additional O2 going through the system. The second tune adds 10% fuel. I ran with the 5% tune for a week or so. Then upgraded to the 10% tune and have left that in place.

Don't forget to do the 12 minute tune after updating the ECU. I forgot after loading the 10%. The bike ran like an old farm tractor. I stopped on the side of the road, did a quick 12 minute tune, and then resumed my ride. Made a world of difference.

I have just PM'ed you the links to the 2 modified tunes. Both tunes have the secondary open 100% across the entire rpm range for all gears.

The first tune adds 5% fuel to help balance out the additional O2 going through the system. The second tune adds 10% fuel. I ran with the 5% tune for a week or so. Then upgraded to the 10% tune and have left that in place.

Don't forget to do the 12 minute tune after updating the ECU. I forgot after loading the 10%. The bike ran like an old farm tractor. I stopped on the side of the road, did a quick 12 minute tune, and then resumed my ride. Made a world of difference.
yeah I thought the 10% would be better

yeah I thought the 10% would be better

Definitely better. The 5% was a step up from the standard map. The 10% was a step up from that again. Thanks for your help @HansO. Muchly appreciated.

The exhaust note is much throatier now. I'm not sure how much of that is the RamAir and how much is the tune. It doesn't really matter though. The combination is great. It's like someone has taken the 13 year old soprano out of the pipes and thrown Jimmy Barnes in there in his place. :):)

:):)Kin ell can't get rid of these annoying smiley things ! Thanks a lot Craig will have a play later. Don't wish to appear a complete dunce but what exactly is a 12 min tune keep seeing references but cannot find exactly what it is, cheer s paul
:):)

12 min tune- start bike without touching the throttle let it idle until the fan comes(about 10-12 mins) then leave it to idle for about 12 more mins again without touching the throttle job done or load tune start the bike and go for a ride that is what i do and have never had a problem i am also running a hanso tune.
charlie

... what exactly is a 12 min tune keep seeing references but cannot find exactly what it is, cheer s paul
:):)

From the Triumph manual ...

image.jpg

Back