Terminater

.060 Over
I am writing to inform fellow bikers that when dealing with a Company named Tsukaya that retails fairings, saddle bags, and trunk for various motorcycles. They present themselves as being a US located supplier, and that the lead time is for their product is 6 to 8 weeks. They charge you the day you purchase items.

Problems
1. They charge you to a international account in Hong Kong which adds $100 added fee
2. They require Pay Pal payment, and charge you at time of order in full.Then they claim it takes 6 to 8 week to fill order. Pay Pal only resolve issue 45 days from date of charge. ** You lose your insurance**
3, The Company charging you in Hong Kong voids all US legal recourse if you do not obtain product.
4. US credit cards consider this a International purchase even though you use Pay Pal a American based company. They view it as you are dealing with Tsukaya in Hong Kong which voids Card Holders Agreement which drop the credit card fraud dispute option if you do not get these items.

After several emails with a person calling himself Jason they would not reverse the charges, and then charge me when the parts shipped so I could retain my Pay Pal insurance.
It is clear this is a very dangerious company to do biz with.
** Tsukaya is aware of the rules. They count on you not knowing the rules so if their is a proplem there is no recoarse.
* Thank God Visa called me questioning international charges, and then lead to a education lesson from the Visa rep telling me to check everything out, and cancel this order now. I could have lost $2643.32

Wow,
Good info.
Thanks.
Shame they don't have an American
warehouse somewhere to expedite their stuff,
but that's what you get when you're dealing with foreign scam artists I guess.
Hard to tell sometimes....
Lots of folks have probably had good luck with them too,
just never noticed the extra 100 bucks they got ripped off for.
ya just never know.....

I had ordered from this company : MUTAZU Motorcycle Trunks It's low price/quality stuff, but since I made the tour pack detachable for my ( Hardly, opps I mean ) Harley I wasn't going to spend alot. I know you get what you pay for, but for the price , it served me well.

Attachments

• Harley & Trailer 002.jpg
    Harley & Trailer 002.jpg
    350.9 KB · Views: 1,850
So you were concerened they werent going to deliver? Just curious as I WAS going to order but not NOW!!! Thanks for the info....very interesting. That $100 up charge would have pissed me off :mad:

mutt

Yes I was concerned they would not deliver. It was clear they have there operation setup to avoid the Pay Pal dispute rules. But only take Pay Pal.

Also they state a American telephone number, and US East Coast times for contact. Not once do they mention they do not have a Biz operation in America.

Pay Pal rules 45 days from charge to recover funds if the seller defaults.

They would not reverse charges, and then charge on shipment date.?? Strange??
These are not custom parts.

Also be aware of the part I did not get involved in at my time of canceling.

** Notice you also have to pay for Customs on these items because it comes from Hong Kong**

Tsuyaku and Mutazu are both somewhat universal so they would have some American distributors. I know that Mean Cycles carries Tsuyaku at a fairly close price to direct so if you really wanted a specific set it might be worth contacting them.

Glad you managed to back out before you got burned. I know I learned my lesson about doing a thorough due diligance when I got my Viking bags.
http://www.r3owners.net/accessories/10860-warning-viking-bags.html

Tsukayu Fairings

Keeping aside the 100$ additional charge the only concern was primarily that they might not ship after you had paid.

Do you know of anyone that has had this issue of the item not being shipped after payment. Reading on a bunch of other forums I didn't see this issue anywhere.
Curious because I wanted to order the fairings.

I had ordered from this company : MUTAZU Motorcycle Trunks It's low price/quality stuff, but since I made the tour pack detachable for my ( Hardly, opps I mean ) Harley I wasn't going to spend alot. I know you get what you pay for, but for the price , it served me well.

I too have bought a trunk from Mutazu and while I had to put a reinforcing plate under it I am happy with it and the company was good to deal with

TSUKAYU Fairing Purchase

Before you buy, may I suggest this fairing. This is a great little company right here in the USA! The price is very good, I have their fairing on my R3T. With (4 ) 5.5" Kenwood Speakers and an Sony deck and Wind Wings. The Tsukayu product line is made in China and has Quality Control Issues. Some are ok and some are not. You roll the dice.
With this company (Located in Kansas), you'll get an American Made Product! Plus they are motorcycle riders themselves, not just a manufacturer.

Wide Open Custom Plastic, LLC > Home

I was going to be selfish and keep it to myself. I just can't let a fellow R3 rider waste money and a small American Company miss a sale. My local Triumph dealer hooked my up with their in-house painter and he painted it along with a tourpack (NOT TSUKAYU) to match my black behemoth. Harley guys just stare with DISGUST!:D
Hope this helps. -Dan

Back