trying different tune with dave platts

bigprop

loud and alive
Ride
08 rocket 3 classic ktm 990
Hi got 08 classic with dave platts twin silencers and decat pipe std air box 02 sensor removed.
Was running [20219 use with after market silencers hex cat box removed]. Which was ok but decal popping on deceleration and not smooth at low speeds very jerky. So tried[ hansO R3 early models with original filter cat delete and tors][ was ok but had high idle.So tried [hansO 20228 good base free flow cat delete ramair anti decel pop plus extra 5] bike runs really well. Smooth at low speed, seems quicker on acceleration so happy but at 2500rpm in first and second gear bit of splutter little twist on the throttle and its gone.I am assuming this is because i don't have ramair fitted would this be right and does anyone think this will do any harm till ramair fitted .thoughts please

Mine did the same thing at around 2000 rpm. Brought it to the local dealer and they said the stepper motor was sticking and replaced it and the throttle position sensor. I'm picking it up later today so I'll see if there is an improvement. I think I have the same tune from Hans that you said last.

Bear in mind - ALL tunes that are out there, were developed (or sort of sussed out) on one machine. On another they will only ever be an approximation.

Options
1) Live with it.
2) Get thee to a GOOD dyno tuner who knows.
3) Get tools to do it yourself and pester everybody for help. Spend hours and hours gathering data - make small change and start again.

Now for some of us Option 2 is not actually an option. Option 1 - really isn't for me either. So....................................

Looks like tweaking and pestering then got tune ECU already so just got to put the time in. Think it will not be to hard as it is a small glitch. Definitely think it's not enough air or fuel as the little extra on the throttle and it's fine. Ramair I think first as not to much expense so much for keeping bike standadish:whitstling:
How is your dilemma going?

Last edited:
Bear in mind - ALL tunes that are out there, were developed (or sort of sussed out) on one machine. On another they will only ever be an approximation.

Options
1) Live with it.
2) Get thee to a GOOD dyno tuner who knows.
3) Get tools to do it yourself and pester everybody for help. Spend hours and hours gathering data - make small change and start again.

Now for some of us Option 2 is not actually an option. Option 1 - really isn't for me either. So....................................
1 and 2 also do not work for me so installed wide band O2 sensor and data logger. Blindly making changes without knowing the results seems to me to be a road to disaster. But that is just me.

1 and 2 also do not work for me so installed wide band O2 sensor and data logger. Blindly making changes without knowing the results seems to me to be a road to disaster. But that is just me.

I am hoping ramair will sort problem least then my set up will match the map.Bike runs really well with the map just this small stutter at 2500rpm in first and 2nd. Is the wide band 02 sensor and data logger expensive?

Back