Jeremy

.060 Over
Ride
2009 Triumph Rocket 3 Touring
2009 r3t
This has the quick detatch backrest. Anyone have a trunk/backrest for the wife that clips in the same posts for the original quick detach so i can put it on for larger trips?

The best way to go about it is to get an extra backrest mount and fab up a trunk onto it so you can swap them out as needed. No one has made one specifically for the R3T. You will find for a lot of these things you will need to do it yourself.

bob

I'm doing as Bob R mentioned and fabricating a bracket on my luggage rack for my Tsukayu top box. I have a Corbin dual seat so have a separate Corbin backrest for when the box isn't on there.

I got a wompus rack and a 1984 Goldwing Interstate trunk. I made it fit.
Easier still and far less fabwork is a Bushtec hitch and a trailer.
I can personally verify that, with a properly loaded trailer and 500lbs of humans, 90mph is definitely a stable and uneventful ride. Stock shocks and interstate.

I have built a few frames for R3Ts. The build is quite simple. Depending on your trunk, desires the size of the platform. I have the newer Harley trunk. Bought a knock off copy on eBay. Exactly the same mold and hardware package. Just no Harley label. Holds two helmets with a wrap around back cushion. I have found that the pins that hold the assembly on the bike, welded to the square frame, can be 7/8" round stock. Dry fit each pin into the slots for the sissy bar. Mark and drill the 4 holes to match the sissy bar / luggage rack. I used 5/16 tap. The key to building the frame is weight. I've found that 1" square tubing is more than strong enough. Fairly simple. I built this last one in about 3 easy hours. Mine is painted Black.

I can't remember if I took pictures of the frame build. I'll take pictures of it on my Rocket.
The trunk is called the "King Tour pak". I found around 5 choices on line. I have a small welding shop. A couple of band saws and drill presses. All the steel tubing and the solid round stock is just the basics from the local steel dealer. Alro.

got any pics/info on the trunk?
I found the same trunk on eBay . Item # 323826863371. The price is fantastic. You will need the wrap around light bar to complete it. I'm sure the Harley dealer can get you one. I found my light kit by searching suppliers.

This looks like a pretty good deal, trunk/back rest/lights/ luggage rack on top for under $300.00

Back