Should be a fairly straight forward exercise. There was a "how to" either some where on here or the .com site. Basically they took a piece of 1/4" aluminium plate cut to size and bolted it to the standard luggage rack, then bolted the tourpak to the plate. Good luck!!

I used the alum. plate method. Plate on top and bottom of the luggage rack with rubber between to prevent damage to the chrome.
Works great and it's quick detachable. I used a battery tender style plug for the wiring. IMG_1720.JPG IMG_1719.JPG

I have one. Keep shopping because if memory serves, I only paid a couple of hundred dollars for mine. Mounting is easy. The plate on the bottom method looks good. If you don't want to go to the trouble, just drop a few bolts down through it and put some large washers or a piece of strap to hold it to the rack. Mine has brake, tail and signal lights.

I've been looking for a real trunk instead of my Saddleman bag (love it) but need to carry more for camping trips. Has anyone tried these? http://www.ridebikegear.com/ktp-ext...-backrest-large-top-rack-and-liner-p-241.html

Thoughts?
Howdy:
I bought one of those a while back from the same company. When it arrived the locking hasp was very loose and rattled as well as the lid did not close smoothly - it wanted to bind on the sides. I installed the padded backrest but it was uncomfortable for my wife - the upper edge dug into her back. Backrest angled wrong when bolted to trunk. When I tried to take the padded backrest off all 6 bolts broke free from the main trunk body so could not get backrest off. Contacted company and they replaced padded backrest. Drilled out nuts and got first backrest off. Sold it for a little less than what I paid for it. Guy wanted it for his Road King. Piece of junk in my mind - the trunk that is!.

Back