TriumphR3Newb

.040 Over
Ride
2007 Rocket 3 Classic
Here is my new (to me) R3 with all the Corbin stuff on it. Te previous owner went Corbin crazy, he installed a Corbin batwing fairing, heated seat, saddlebags and of course the trunk. The trick is that the trunk is not made for the classic, only the touring as BillyIndiana pointed out. The guy solved the issue with his hinge system. Someone asked me to submit some pics on how it worked so here you go (not sure if the pics should be thumbnail or full)
trunk 1.jpg
trunk 2.jpg
trunk 3.jpg
. As you can see in the pics the saddlebags won't open completely as the trunk is in the way, so the trunk needed to be able to move out of the way. I think he used the key switch from the original seat (maybe). I am sure you can see where the key goes below the trunk, this releases the lever to allow the trunk to hinge down. Inventive solution by the previous owner.

Wow that must have cost him a fortune. Great buy. Please show a pic of the whole bike with all that flash gear.

Whatever works is what you have to do sometimes. I made a removal base that could be clamped to my existing luggage rack for mounting a a GIVI top case. I didn't want the top case to be on the bike all the time...just for trips.

Anyway, I knew the case wouldn't open with the backrest in the way, so I put the GIVI mount on a T style aluminum mitre gage track so I could slide it back when I wanted to open it. I used a spring loaded knob fastened to a stainless 1/4 inch bolt where the bolt would project up through the base like a pin to locked the GIVI mount into place. If ya can't buy it, make it!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    223.6 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    185.4 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    217.5 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    194.2 KB · Views: 9
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    191 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    192.8 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    320.4 KB · Views: 7
@Bedifferent you know what's coming . . . how would you like to make another one for my Givi 55 ?

Lol...But your case is so much bigger I don't think it would work....and you have yours mounted so nicely with a backrest and everything. My GIVI is a peanut compared to yours. Mine is only a V40 and I had all I could do to make that one work.

Back