Trouble's with tuneboy

Silver Surfer 06

.020 Over
I for what ever reason cant get my ECU serial number to send to NewBonneville for the edit codes. I followed the "Load first tune" part of the Tuneboy tutorial but no good has happened yet. Has anyone else had this problem?
I'm running Windows XP on this laptop. Could this be the problem? Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

go over the trouble shooting on the website really well.

also try different ports on your USB... it took me a few tries but I eventually managaged to igure it out... can't remember what the problem even was noe..just that I read the help section on the web over and over and tried several items

perhaps if your still having trouble take screen shots of your device drivers and tuneboy program and post them here, then we can atleast see whether the drivers are loading properly etc.

Thats a great tip. (But if you are all the way down at my level let me translate as I only learn't how to do this a few weeks ago.)
Do you remember in DOS when you hit "print screen" and everything on the screen would show up on the printer, but just the screen, not the whole page? And have you noticed that anymore when you hit "Print Screen" nothing happens? Guess What! When you hit "Print Screen" the image is captured on something called, 'clipboard' and is waiting for you to paste it somewhere else. You will have to open another program like "Word" or 'Notepad' and then click 'paste'. That will capture the image you are staring at on your laptop.
I will leave it to someone else to suggest the easiest way to move the image to the R3OWNERS.com forum.

so did you get it working?

I know I was frustrated and rantically emailing Wayne and then I finally figured it out

you may want to unplug your mouse and use the red dot, i have to do that before it will recognize my tune boy cable.. not sure why.

Back