Triumphs spotted in Harley country

TRIIICK

Living Legend
Ride
05 Rocket III 01 Roadking 08 Busa
Last Sunday i did a fund rasier for domestic violence..one of our friends daughter and baby girl was shot to death while sleeping by her husband. I've been going on this ride for the past 5 years. I left the Rocket at home this year only because i didn't feel up to answering a hundred questions. 2010-2012 i couldn't believe how interested they were about the Rocket. It seems Triumph is growing more in popularity each year. One thing is certain you show up riding a Triumph in Harley country you better be prepared on answering "a lot" of question..:eek:;) http://www.rachelandlillianrosefoundation.org/Run_for_the_Roses.html

Attachments

• E41A3241[1].JPG
    E41A3241[1].JPG
    403.9 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
I still love the interest and attention the Harley guys give the Rocket. Although sometimes in a big crowd I'll park her and walk away. It is fun to look over once in a while to see the crowds around her looking it over.

Most Harley guys won't acknowledge my bike if I'm around it, but if I'm at a distance I see them stand and stare at it, last time I was at the local bike bar, a guy stared at it a while, started walking away, turned around and stared at it another 5 minutes.

Talk about Triumph in Harley country. Sturgis 2008. I felt validated because some butt wipe spit on the rear fender. Just a jealous jerk I suppose. Everywhere I stopped they couldn't get enough on my Rocket.

Attachments

• 0802081642a.jpg
    0802081642a.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 73
  • 0305091507a.jpg
    0305091507a.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 82
  • 0802081350a.jpg
    0802081350a.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 72
I bought my second 2008 R3T from a Harley Dealer who was under pressure to get rid of his non Harley inventory. The bike was hidden down in the basement, away from showroom traffic, as were a couple of metric cruisers. The bike was on ebay, and I tried to buy it outright, offering more than the ebay opening bid. They wouldn't sell outside of ebay, even though there were no bids. At the end of the auction I bought it off ebay for the opening bid as the only bidder, so it worked out better for me anyway.

When I picked it up, the bike washing monkeys and other denizens of the dealership all swarmed around. They were all drooling. One of the salesman tried to sell me a bunch of generic chrome crap to dress it up, but that was easy to reject. There was a Triumph dealership right next door in the same parking lot, but with different ownership. Under normal behavior, the Harley dealer would have wholesaled the Rocket to the Triumph dealer, or at least consigned it, but apparently, the two dealerships were bitter rivals, neither willing to work with the other.

No doubt Harley country here in Colorado but there seems to be more and more interest in the R3's. In my opinion it's just a better product. Problem is getting the low information folks or brand name loyalists to do their due diligence.

They would have to take a chainsaw and cut my hands off at the wrist to get me to turn loose and trade for another Hardly!

Back