Triumph Tiger Explorer 1200

joesoap

Supercharged
Yesterday i bought a 2013 model after hunting for a while...Anyone have any info on these bikes good or bad or any owners on here own one. Picking it up next sat morning:)

I had a 2014 Explorer Xc - it was a great bike the slow speed handling is superb and it will munch motorway miles with ease. Congrats

I had a 2014 Explorer Xc - it was a great bike the slow speed handling is superb and it will munch motorway miles with ease. Congrats
Ahh thats right you had one..sorry my memory is burnt out these days:D so you say "had" why did you move it on if you dont mind me asking?;)

Fork seal issues. One of our forum members, Elcanaco, and I rode to the Arctic Circle via the northern Yukon in 2015. His fork seals both went, drenching his front brakes with oil and he rode about 2000 miles to his home in Castlegar BC with only a rear brake. Upon ordering new ones he learned that there were problems with the seals..I believe there was also a recall for the tappets. I can't recall what year his is. I'm going to send him a note to take a look at this thread

The front bearings went out on my DL650, also on the ride home and I learned that they were an issue.

A friend of mine had one. Some years later he sold it. Within 6 months he bought a new one.

I think the " Explorer" has been dropped off the title now?..The 2018 has some great additions...shaft drive ...power operated visor...lotsa torque...

And I don't mean to discourage you. Every bike has its issues and with the TEX, like my Strom, the fork seal failures were under fairly extreme conditions. Other than that I believe Elcanaco really likes his TEX

Back