Triumph tall windshield

Eric R.

Supercharged
Ride
2015 Rocket 3 Touring
Hi guys, I am thinking on replacing my stock shield on my 2015 R3T with either a tall Triumph shield or a Clearview. I have owned Clearview before, and they are a quality piece.
Are there any owners of the tall Triumph shield here? If so, where are you guys buying it? I haven't been able to price them anywhere yet. Are you happy with it?
Thanks for any help, Eric

Theres a recent thread regarding this, as well as another option (http://7jurock.com)
I also don't think that the tall triumph shield is that "tall"...
I'm actually looking for a taller screen too. it was a good thread, but for the life of me I can't find it now.

I'm debating whether the flip and vent from clearview is worth the extra $$ over the 7jurock.

Last edited:
I think @1olbull has a tall shield he got from someplace but not Clearview. Let's see if he will chime in and tell us :D

I used to think that windshields are for old people until I bought my R3T with the tall shield. It is so comfortable and I don´t need a visor on my helmet anymore. Was thinking of taking it off when I bought the bike but decided to try it and never went back. I used to own a Harley Heritage Softail and I never installed the windshield on that one. Now I´m addicted to it.

I also don't think that the tall triumph shield is that "tall"...

The tall windshield for the R3T is called the "Roadster" windshield for the R3T. They run about $500 MSRP and come with lowers and complete chromed mounting hardware installed for easy swapping.

The stock shield measures about 16" from headlight to top. The tall shield measures 24". That is very tall. Too tall for all but the very longest torso riders to look over.

It is of excellent optical quality, so looking through it is not a problem.

The tall windshield provides the best wind and bug protection I have ever experienced on a bike. It also provides an exceptionally quiet cockpit.

I have moved my current one through three different R3Ts over 5 seasons. I clean it with Honda spray polish/cleaner. It looks nearly new. The quality against bug or stone damage has been exceptional.

I think you should be able to get a dealer to sell one for $400ish. EBay or forum classifieds are always worth a look too.

Hi Eric,
Depends on your height and where you like the screen to be in relation to your riding position.
I'm 6'2". On my 08 I replaced the tall with a clearview +5 tall +2 wide tint with a vent. Perfect for me. I like the wind shield right about my chin when I'm riding. I went right to another one for my 13.
Bad part you will need a 5 hole fixing kit to mount it.

I'm sure they are well made, but I want to go wider for more wind protection. I'm seeing that the tall Triumph shield may not be any wider either. So I'll prop ably go with Clearview.

I believe you are correct on the taller factory windshield. Keep in mind that the additional width may affect the handling of the bike at higher speeds, but you will need to get some input on that from the clearview users. I made a set of slightly larger lower defector to try on my bike, but found them to make for a much warmer ride than I wanted in the summer. Just another factor to consider on a wider windshield as well.

I have a Clearview, and it uses the original fixings. It does not affect handling beyond the factory screen that I can tell. But I did not go a great deal beyond factory, an inch wider and three inches taller or so.

Back