Triumph special tool T3880062

leatal

Turbocharged
Ride
2014 Roadster, 2020 Rocket GT
Tires arriving end of week and want to lube both ends of the drive shaft. To grease the forward splines you need to remove the swing arm and need the T3880062 socket tool to do so. Anyone know where I can buy said tool and not have to wait weeks after ordering it from Triumph? Looks like a simple 38mm four pronged socket.

Made one using angle grinder on normal socket,it was pretty simple to do.

You'll be wasting your time. The other end stays clean as a whistle. I couldn't believe mine when I took it out at 50,000 miles. The rear part sure although since you have a Roadster you might be surprised. I heard they switched lube or actually applied some and people are reporting good stuff about it not that it doesn't need it because it does get slide movement.

Last edited by a moderator:
You'll be wasting your time the other end stays clean as a whistle could believe mine when I took it out at 50,000 miles. The rear part sure although since you have a roadster you might be surprised. I heard they switch lube or actually applied some and people are reporting good stuff about it not that it doesn't need it because it does get slide movement.
Let me understand. You only need to lube the rear (bevel box) splines of the drive shaft and not the forward splines (only has 10K miles)?

Let me understand. You only need to lube the rear (bevel box) splines of the drive shaft and not the forward splines (only has 10K miles)?

Yep, that is right. We're still talking drive shaft splines; just the rear. You still have to pull the bevel box. It has the female splines. I lube them also and drop a spoon full in the bottom. Grease the male. Then while sticking the box back in I use it to scoop the shaft up and align the splines. She slides in every time no problems. Use the same grease on the wheel splines just don't go heavy or the extra will find its way out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep that is right were still talking drive shaft splines just the rear. You still have to pull the bevel box. It has the female splines I lube them also and drop a spoon full in the bottom. Grease the male. Then whlie sticking the box back in I use it to scoop the shaft up and align the splines. She slides in every time no problems. Use the same grease on the wheel splines just don't go heavy or the extra will find its way out.
Thanks Warp,
I will be using Locktite molly as recommended on this site. I assume good for both the gearbox and wheel splines?

Thanks Warp,
I will be using Locktite molly as recommended on this site. I assume good for both the gearbox and wheel splines?
I've never used it before but loctite makes good stuff and guys on the site talk good about it. I still use MOLYKOTE left over from my aircraft days.

Back