Triumph Rocket III Touring Accessory Mufflers

aztom66

.020 Over
I'm not very satisfied with the way my 2010 RT3 sounds. I have put about 1200 miles on it since getting it on Saturday of last week, I realize that its still in the break in period,( had the 500 mile service done) but at this point the engine noise is louder the the exhaust. Has anyone changed out the factory exhaust system? and if so any advice? The TEC at the dealer said to look in to the following at the cost of $499.00

Triumph Rocket III Touring Accessory Mufflers

• Increase engine performance and sound with these Triumph Genuine Parts slash cut pipes
  • Add horsepower by adding a K&N High Flow Air Filter
  • Requires a new tuning download from an authorized Triumph service center or a DynoJet Power Commander, if unsure please inquire before ordering

There are several options available. Try searching the forum for TORS, D&Ds and Jardines. All are options for the R3T. All will make more noise, but its still an in-line triple. You may or may not like how it sounds.

In comparison, my America has a better sound than my Rocket. I love them both and have come to accept that I can hear the engine on the Rocket. I like the way it sounds when cranking it up. I might in the fiture re-examine new pipes for the Rocket, but for now the Triumph after market pipes are OK with me.

I am also looking for aftermarket pipes for my R3T, but I want them for increased power - not for the noise. I absolutely abhor loud pipes. I'm looking at the D&D's as their website says 17% increase on RWHP with a new tune, new K&N Filter (included with the pipes) and no PCIII, Tuneboy or the like. My concern is that the D&D's will be too loud for me.

The D&Ds on the R3T are not too loud. For whatever reason, they are noticeably quieter than D&Ds on the Standard/Classic. Compared to the Jardines I have now, my D&Ds were downright quiet.

Great pics Harry.

Dennis

176 dtg Dubai
177 dtg Home (Stallion and Triumph ordering/buying time).

I am also looking for aftermarket pipes for my R3T, but I want them for increased power - not for the noise. I absolutely abhor loud pipes. I'm looking at the D&D's as their website says 17% increase on RWHP with a new tune, new K&N Filter (included with the pipes) and no PCIII, Tuneboy or the like. My concern is that the D&D's will be too loud for me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-4DE7dnk-k

If your looking for TORS I got mine from Byron power sports (Jamie) for $399 w/shipping.

Back