Triumph Owners Unite!!!

technoguppy

Supercharged
Ride
2020 Rocket 3 GT
Harley-Davidson is to the motorcycling culture what Coke is to the beverage industry. Wouldn't it be great if Triumph was the Pepsi, rather than the RC Cola?

There is an International group of Triumph Riders under the banner of Hinckley Triumph Owners Club (HTOC). It has members in 34 countries, a very reasonable Lifetime membership fee of £25 compared to HOG's $850 CAD.

I know Triumph as a manufacturer tried its Riders Association of Triumph and some dealerships do support from time to time but no one does it like H-D. Why? Because there is ONE group to belong to, ONE group that is above all others, ONE group that defines the brand, the culture, the respect.

We need ONE group as Triumph Riders. Ideally not as "arrogant" or "exclusive" as the H-D one but a brand that is recognized around the world and certainly within the motorcycling culture.

Most of the groups are organized by country and within each country by region. There is always a need as either grows for people to run those regions. I myself am the Regional Contact for the Ontario Region of the HTOC Canada group. A map of the current Lifetime Members is shown for reference.

They use Facebook primarily as it is a social media tool that is accessible worldwide via PC and cell phone.

If you are interested, look for them in Facebook or post here and I can point you in the right direction.

Attachments

• Annotation 2020-05-23 083830.png
    Annotation 2020-05-23 083830.png
    372.3 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
I have to admit, I am not much for socializing or being part of any particular group. Maybe that is why I ride a Rocket.
I get it! I'm that way too. I would rather ride than walk around a "show n shine" or stand around gawking at bikes 'oohing and awwing".

Not necessarily about group rides or even group events, more about raising the profile of Triumph so I don't have to answer the obligatory and often posed "So you ride a bike, what kind of Harley do you own?"

For the record, I generally respond "My wife rides a Harley, I ride a big-boy bike" But that's me being an a$$hat.

I don't and won't do facebook, but didn't even know and will check out the website. Thanks for sharing!
-MIG
I'm with you. I am only on it for HTOC. I will NOT use FB's Messenger app (literally tracks everything you do on your phone). I would much prefer HTOC used a forum like this. This is secure, non-intrusive, and is better moderated.

I like RC Cola.....🙋‍♂️
That's great!!

If we're ever allowed to leave the house again, I would invite you to capture the look of the person's face when you respond "I'd like an RC Cola to drink, please!" :p

You might have to try that in Ottawa b/c I'm sure no one in Kemptville has it on the menu!

Thanks for the laugh!

That's great!!

If we're ever allowed to leave the house again, I would invite you to capture the look of the person's face when you respond "I'd like an RC Cola to drink, please!" :p

You might have to try that in Ottawa b/c I'm sure no one in Kemptville has it on the menu!

Thanks for the laugh!
Surprisingly enough, it shows up time to time in Giant Tiger... :thumbsup:

Back