Triumph newbie here...

Dalan

Supercharged
Ride
2015 R3R
Purchased a 2015 Rocket III Roadster today. Traded in my '08 Goldwing.

I live in the foothills of the Cascade mountains in Oregon, and the Triumph looks like it is up to it. I considered one years back when I got the Goldwing, but chose the Honda instead for some long trips. I am glad for the Goldwing choice back then, but the Triumph fits the bill now.

I am astounded something with the horsepower and torque this has is so mild and manageable in the parking lot. Really turns in nice on the corners on the road and in town. But, a twist of the throttle brings out the beast, right this second. Catching the salesman riding the Trophy was NOT an issue. But a milder hand brings on reasonably slow revs in overdrive and a sort of lazy effortlessness.

I look forward to learning a bit about the bike and Triumphs. I met an owner who traded in his Harley on a Thunderbird a year ago. Gone was vibration, better comfort and he said reliability was rock solid.

It is good to be here!

Welcome Dalan, all of the Aussies should be along soon, they are awake when we sleep. ;)

I think you will be very happy here, there is a wealth of knowledge to be gleaned from this little corner of the internet.

bob

Back