chiburbsguy2006

.060 Over
Anyone else get the Triumph Magazine Survey emailed to them? It is a link to a survey site where they ask a bunch of questions about what you think about the magazine. They must have gotten some complaints about it - or they are trying to determine whether the cost is worth it. It has to be a bit pricey to publish and distribute.

I didn't get very far since I checked 'never received' the magazine. Despite registering twice. :mad:

Just Finished

I wish they would have given us a place to make our own comments. So many times, the survey questions don't have a lot to do with what you feel is right or wrong with the product.

Idiots....................

Lets see. When I bought my '68 Bonnie, Triumph Motorcycles, LTD., Meriden never knew I existed.

When I bought my '02 Bonnie, Triumph Motorcycles, LTD., Hinkley, enrolled me in RAT. I got a nice plastic ID card, a Triumph Baseball cap and a nice raised relief sticker for my windscreen. I also got the Triumph Magazine, Torque. It had very little advertising, lots of good articles but it didn't last.

When I bought the Rock, I guess Triumph can only count to 1. They never recognized that I had multiple Triumphs. The good magazine came to an end.

Along came the on-line registration and the 'new' magazine. The one with the Peaair Cardone crap and all the ads...every page was ads for stuff, and very little meat about bikes at all. Sort of a motorcyclists' Esquire. I wasn't impressed. It was relegated to the reading room and quickly sent to the landfill. Even the perpetual Northern Hydraulics Catalog is better reading.

I used to look forward to Torque, to see what RAT chapters were doing, to read about factory stuff, you know, the good stuff. I don't need to look at skinny chicks in overpriced Triumph leathers or male models that look like they are 3 days into a good hangover. Gimme a break.

So, now Triumph has decided that it's not profitable to print and distribute an owners magazine like HD has been doing forever, or Polaris/Victory, or Arctic Cat Snowmobiles. Gimme me another break.

Considering the amount of advertising in the latest rag, the paid advertisers should offset the cost completely.

What they (Bloor and his boneheads) need to do is wise up and publish and distribute the magazine for enthusiasts of the marque, basically devoid of glitzy advertising and aimed at their market and prospective customers.

Don't Bloors boneheads realize that what sells their bikes is literature...advertising....satisified owners......I guess not.

What idiots.

Don't reply to that, it's a dreadful virus that steals all of your financial info.

Just kidding :D. I think.

Actually, I'm with Harry. I tried several times to re register with RAT back in December? and the website wouldn't let me, stating that my username was already being used (well yeah, by me) so I don't get the magazine. Brian gave me an old copy sometime back.

I can see that they are trying to finance the magazine with ads but bikers are kind of like cats. We have a bizzare social setup and we like to hook up once in awhile to do things like fight and piss on tires and the like. The new mag really isn't into all of that where the old one was. I think I would prefer the old mag over the new one (if I actually got it).

Don't reply to that, it's a dreadful virus that steals all of your financial info.

Just kidding :D. I think.

Actually, I'm with Harry. I tried several times to re register with RAT back in December? and the website wouldn't let me, stating that my username was already being used (well yeah, by me) so I don't get the magazine. Brian gave me an old copy sometime back.

I can see that they are trying to finance the magazine with ads but bikers are kind of like cats. We have a bizzare social setup and we like to hook up once in awhile to do things like fight and piss on tires and the like. The new mag really isn't into all of that where the old one was. I think I would prefer the old mag over the new one (if I actually got it).

Tom.

We don't have to raise our leg to piss on those tires do we. I haven't been able to do that for awhile now. I too tried to register to receive the magazine after they went to on line procedures. Never got the first copy. I enjoyed the old Torque rag and have never seen the new one. My survey was two key stokes also.

When I got home last night I had a letter from Triumph asking me to take another online survey. I forgot to do it last night and didn't bring it to work. Not sure if this one is the same or if it is something different. Anyone else get the letter asking to do the online survey?

Back