Triumph lost my business !

McRocket

.040 Over
It is shameful and arrogant the way Triumph refuses to listen and support their loyal riders.

I own a 2008 Rocket 3 Touring. I have been reading the threads about slow delivery of parts from Triumph.

Most of the stories in the last year or so are about slow and canceled orders for accessories. For me it is much worse. I had an freak accident riding in the mountains. A rock broke the rigid rear brake line right at the front banjo fitting. I have been down, unable to ride for weeks now. I can't even get an estimate of parts delivery. This is ridiculous.

I recently sold a my Suzuki GSX1300R and was looking to buy a small cruiser for commuting to work. I was going to buy a 2010 Thunderbird but because of the Triumphs continued policy of ignoring the "customer service" side of the motorcycle business I purchased a new Honda Cruiser.

Sorry Triumph, you make good motorcycles, but without parts and service you are a second class company...

Here is an update....Last week I rode 1500 miles up the California Coast. On the 299 between Eureka and Redding, the throttle cable popped off the barrel retainer clip. Actually, the plastic retaining clip broke. I have heated grips which really don't work that great anyway so I called the dealer to buy new grips and a new stock throttle sleeve. These should be stock items right? wrong. They are BACK ORDERED and Triumph cannot tell me how long it will take to get them. So one more time my bike sits for an estimated 4-5 weeks. Very sad. I can get after market or go with heated grips again. But for normal stock Triumph Grips and throttle tube it is 4-6 weeks. Any one got these laying around? Very disappointing.

Never had a problem with Triumph in the five plus years that I have had my Rocket, when my ignition switch started to go (three years out of warranty) triumph stepped up and gave me the complete package free of charge and the parts were at my house before I even hung up the phone.
Great company and I will buy triumph again and highly recommend them to everyone else.

Link Removed Honda established local motorcycle R&D operations in the U.S., Germany, Italy, Thailand, China, and India dedicating its effort to develop motorcycles that meet the needs of local customers.Honda’s annual worldwide motorcycle sales exceeded 10 million units in 2004, and 2007 sales reached 13.47 million units, a 7% increase from 2006. Honda envisions sales of more than 18 million units in 2010..YOU WILL CONTINUE TO DRAW CROWDS AT ALL THE COFFEE STOPS,ETC.OF COURSE WITH THESE SALES NUMBERS,PARTS WILL BE READILY AVAILABLE!!!

RcktBob, I'm sorry to hear that you have had bad luck getting parts. As Scot in Exile mentioned, maybe we just have a more "together" dealership, but him and I both have not really had a problem getting parts, if they had to be ordered they were usually in within 3 to 5 days if they were available. The brake line that you mentioned doesn't usually have problems and I can believe it was not readily available, I don't know how you were trying to order this but if it was your dealer then I would believe the problem was with your dealer not communicating what was going on with your part or since it doesn't usually "fail" it may have had to come from the UK direct.

I've had two Gold Wings (2003 and 2006) and accessories were pretty easy, usually, to get but if something internal engine wise or a part that doesn't usually fail occured I think you would find that the parts wait may have been just as long as Triumph...maybe, since Honda does sell many more motorcycles than Triumph their parts availability, overall, I believe would be a lot better.

Dennis

It is shameful and arrogant the way Triumph refuses to listen and support their loyal riders.

I own a 2008 Rocket 3 Touring. I have been reading the threads about slow delivery of parts from Triumph.

Most of the stories in the last year or so are about slow and canceled orders for accessories. For me it is much worse. I had an freak accident riding in the mountains. A rock broke the rigid rear brake line right at the front banjo fitting. I have been down, unable to ride for weeks now. I can't even get an estimate of parts delivery. This is ridiculous.

I recently sold a my Suzuki GSX1300R and was looking to buy a small cruiser for commuting to work. I was going to buy a 2010 Thunderbird but because of the Triumphs continued policy of ignoring the "customer service" side of the motorcycle business I purchased a new Honda Cruiser.

Sorry Triumph, you make good motorcycles, but without parts and service you are a second class company...
Thats a shame .... I actually have that exact part sitting in a box never used. Too bad you don't live around here, I'd make you a deal. :cool:

Buddy of mine has his in the shop for final drive issue. It's been there for three weeks waiting on parts. The dealer is outstanding, never had a problem with them.

Never had a problem with Triumph in the five plus years that I have had my Rocket, when my ignition switch started to go (three years out of warranty) triumph stepped up and gave me the complete package free of charge and the parts were at my house before I even hung up the phone.
Great company and I will buy triumph again and highly recommend them to everyone else.
Just curious how long ago this was? My ignition went out recently as well on my 2006 Classic, and Triumph denied the claim for the ignition replacement because the bike was no longer under warranty...??
That is the problem....sometimes they stand behind their product, sometimes they won't.

This is one of the oldest topics I'm experienced with.

Since Triumph's return; accessories, replacement parts, and apparel represents a managed business. The goal being to satisfy customer demands without excess inventory left behind when the demand subsides.

This is easier to do with apparel; most would just say that the respective items are no longer available. It's obviously not good business, so distributors do make a good effort to avoid turning away demand, but there are times when it's too costly.

Replacement Parts can be made available for many years. My last Triumph was getting it's parts from Triumph Direct, which wasn't bad for a nine year old bike but I was having to review options from Bike Bandit before giving up the bike to a collector. However, there had been other times when one of my newer bikes had to get it's replacement parts from salvage sources. It's not right, but the truth is that timing influences experiences.

Accessories can be the worst, especially for bikes with short manufacturing runs. My old Daytona900 wasn't too difficult, but the 99 Adventurer could have been much worse had I not already outfitted it with several accessories at the time of purchase. I remember Adventurer saddlebags being sold on eBay with wear/damage that most would have not dealt with in other situations.

Honda and the other larger manufacturers do have the advantage of market share to fund replacement parts. Unpopular models like the DN-01 will likely suffer the same parts shortages, but most other models will have parts and accessories available within days for a long time. It does support a simpler ownership experience, but I can say that after several years owning a near-perfect Honda is still not the same thing as a Triumph.

I still miss my old Daytona900.

Unfortunately, this simply comes with the territory when dealing with a company that only produces 50K bikes a year (if that). I've been waiting on the 2-up touring seat for my T-Bird for **** near a month now. I could've bought one off of Ebay and had it in 3 days. I'm getting a discount from the dealer so I went that route and now have to wait patiently. My bigger gripe with Triumph is with the design of their stuff. They just don't get the American market yet. I've been dealing with them since 05 and they're getting better, but they still have a LOT to learn from HD in that regard. Here's an example.

My wife decided she'd like to ride on the T-Bird, but she *has* to have a backrest so off we go to the dealer. Triumph makes ONLY one backrest; the touring backrest. Do you have any idea how many different sissybars you can get for ANY Harley? Anyway, fair enough Triumph and the sissybar isn't TOO ugly, although it's pretty much the same one they sell for the R3T and really doesn't look very good on the T-Bird. Here's the kicker, however. Once I got it on I discovered that it does NOT work with the stock seat. Oh sure, it goes on, but it may as well not go on because the passenger has to lean back at a good 10 degree angle to reach it. It's too far back with the stock seat. Thus, I'm now having to buy the touring seat. Triumph SHOULD HAVE made a accessory sissybar to go with the stock setup as well as the touring. Again, they just don't get that perhaps a couple might just like to hop on for a short ride. Not everyone is going to load up the bike and ride 2-up for a 1000 miles.

Again, however, this is the kind of stuff you deal with when dealing with European bikes. Go talk to a BMW owner. The first thing a BMW rider will tell you if you tell them you're contemplating a BMW is to make sure you buy the service manual because dealers are far and few between. I don't think we have one within a 150 miles of where I live.

Been waiting over 2 months for the 2300 side emblem that THEY lost while it was in for service, no where close yet.:mad:

Back