Triumph Getting Hardcore

Pig9r

Living Legend
I was very surprised to see the usually conservative Triumph has come out with some pretty substantial race components for the 675, including cams, valve springs and ECU for purchase through dealers. I think that is a pretty good sign, since that is something usually only the big four jap manufacturers do for sport bikes. Maybe Triumph will eventually sponsor a race team? Will that make them a bonafide motorcycle manufacturer in the eyes of others?

http://www.triumph.co.uk/uk/135_7116.aspx

It would be nice if they were to support the Rocket in that manner. Maybe they will after they make some money off of 675 goodies.

That's great news. Not just because I hope they do that stuff for the Rocket but because I really dig those 675s. I know Yamaha has the Speedstar program. My buddy used Yamaha racing parts to Stage 4 his Warrior, and the great thing is that his bike is still under warranty.

Thanks for the great post. Let's keep our fingers crossed...

Triumphs website also says theya re having some kind of support for a race program, I would love to see them put the 675 on the circuit. My son has rode one a few times and loves it.

Freak

I was very surprised to see the usually conservative Triumph has come out with some pretty substantial race components for the 675, including cams, valve springs and ECU for purchase through dealers. I think that is a pretty good sign, since that is something usually only the big four jap manufacturers do for sport bikes. Maybe Triumph will eventually sponsor a race team? Will that make them a bonafide motorcycle manufacturer in the eyes of others?

http://www.triumph.co.uk/uk/135_7116.aspx

Pig9r:

They (Triumph) already have the Thruxton Cup Challenge, AHRMA. The schedule is in the Torque, latest issue I believe.

Pig9r:

That's true. It's all privateer but I believe they do have some factory support. They (factory) were offering a substantial discount on the Thruxton to bonafide racers if I remember correctly. As far as the ****** rockets (no pun intended) I don't believe Triumph supports or endorses any sanctioned racing.

That would be a hard arena to break into with Yamaha, Honda and the Euro race bikes. All the factory racebikes have mega buck factory support. Triumph seems to be taking a real low key approach to that much like their non advertising of their entire line.

That all puzzles me. If you look at the factory racers from the other marques, the street versions are hot sellers. Bikers want a street bike with a race bike lineage and Triumph isn't supportive of that. I don't see the wisdom in that at all.

If you build a go-fast bike, then that go-fast bike should be race track proven. They (Triumph) are on just the opposite tack.

Back