Triumph Gauges....almost perfect

Jeff Cameron

Supercharged
Ride
2014 Triumph Rocket III Roadster
So on my ride this afternoon I was looking at the stock Roadster gauges.....I think that Triumph really got the design right. The gauges have the vintage VDO look and at first glance they seem like something from way back. The fact that they have all the electronics in them brings them up to date while still retaining that classic look. I love having the gear indicator....my previous bike did not have it but the older bike I had before that one did and I really missed it. I love the gas gauge/range til empty.....use it every ride and I have found it very accurate. Having the built in clock and dual trip meters is very convenient. If I was to nit pick I find the gauges not the easiest to read at night especially the LCD areas.

I've found the gauge pretty accurate. When full she's showing around 200 miles. Did 98 miles yesterday and gauge showed 96 left. Near enough for me.

I will likely add volts and temp gauges.

They are decent, but would have been nice to toggle temp, oil pressure, volts and water temp. Having ability to monitor lets you predict some problems.

Fuel gauge seems to work ok and appears to decently predict distance to empty.

Back