Been told Febuary here. Reckon they'll be worth a demo ride for sure. With all the speed cameras and point to point detection gizmos a bloke might have to think about hitting the lonely back roads ... bit of combat touring ;)

I like the looks of my Tiger 1050 better (sportier look), but the Tiger Explorer has the features adventure riders have long begged for, especially the shaft drive and adjustable screen. The luggage seems to have more volume as well.

Enjoyed the demo i had on the 1050, felt like you could ride it comfortably all day ... not sold on the look of it though.... strokes for folks i guess.

I sat on the Explorer this last weekend at the Washington DC m/c show. Feels real good. The cruise control is right there on the right handlebar. It just felt good.

The handlebar/seat relationship is much better than the Suzuki DL1000 and the Duc Multistrada. The others force a more forward lean and the Explorer is more upright.

Availability was mentioned as March.

Enjoyed the demo i had on the 1050, felt like you could ride it comfortably all day ... not sold on the look of it though.... strokes for folks i guess.

I'd say you're probably among the majority of folks in not caring for the looks. None of the Adventure bikes get a lot of love in that department. You're correct about being able to ride it all day. I've taken it on a few trips and it's real comfortable. What's even better is when I get to where I'm going I just stick the key in the lock, turn it, pop the top box off and take into the room/cabin. :)

A mates just traded his Rocket tourer in on a new 1050 Tiger , he's loving it. His girl reckons it's more comfortable on the back than the Tourer. Looking forward to the 1200 , few mates considering buying one if they as good as they reckon.

I was thinking of getting an Explorer until I found out it only holds 20 litres of fuel.

Lucky if you get 200 miles on a tankful....not enough for that kind of bike.

You want to be able to follow that road when you find it....not go "exploring" for fuel before you dare start off the beaten path.

Back