Brian Bracken

Brakster
Ride
06 Rocket 111
I have an 06 Rocket recently had a burglary on my Yamaha XJ900 they just put a screw driver in ignition lock and stole the bike got me thinking that could happen to my R3 has any one had problems with OEM alarm or maybe i look at keyless ignition would appreciate feedback

I have Decosse's keyless ignition, it gives me some peace of mind but it can't prevent the bike being loaded onto a trailer and hauled away. That fact makes me wonder about the GPS tracking type gizmoes from time to time.

I hear of such things....I suspect anything you do such as Keyless ignition will help...brake disc clamps that howl when the wheel turns...A determined thief will get what he wants I reckon, but you can slow them down and make them look for an easier mark. Storage in a garage is a good idea, but alas, I know not everyone has access to one. I bought the property i bought BECAUSE it had ample garage space....but true enough I needed to buy and quit renting, and I lucked out getting what I got.

I just had my the alarm removed from my Touring bexause I don't like bike alarms. It worked as as advertised though and I don't see how it could be overcome. Even putting the key in th ignition without disabling the alarm, set it off

I have an 06 Rocket recently had a burglary on my Yamaha XJ900 they just put a screw driver in ignition lock and stole the bike got me thinking that could happen to my R3 has any one had problems with OEM alarm or maybe i look at keyless ignition would appreciate feedback
Bet you two bob that little maltese fkcuer Frankie stole it:D

IIRC the OEM alarm is made by Datatool - and those seem to get bad press. Calling @DEcosse

Mine has the OEM data tool alarm fitted and they seem to get bad press but mines never been any problem..[like any forum you mainly get people slagging stuff off when it goes wrong] ...try n movemy rocket or turn ignition without disarming it n it goes off.. n its pretty dam loud as well! Lots of people say they have had OEM alarm problems which they may have, but in my opinion its great.

The Main complaints I come across frequently across the Triumph forums (all the different models on Triumphrat.net - they all use the same Datatool alarm) is that
a) they 'false' excessively (alarm when no-one is even near the bike)
b) they have high standing battery drain
c) the auto-re-arm is a major annoyance.

I don't have one, so no personal experience - I have been a member of T'Rat.net for over 13 years, am a Moderator there and have over 20,000 posts -accordingly I see a LOT of complaints on this system and many frustrated owners who rip them out.

Back